Terminator

Here is the first terminator I've ever painted and the first for my Death Eagle army.

Please keep in mind that I am only 14 so don't be too harsh (unless you really want to ;) )

So tell me what you think,

TiJ

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3959/terminator1001copyhp8.jpg

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4799/terminator1002copyxz3.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5465/terminator1003copyxa6.jpg

Looks awesome! You are clearly very skilled for someone of your age, and can paint a great deal better than I! Regardless, I am going to do my best to inflict some advice on you. In one or two places, the white looks a little... lumpy. It hardly notices, but I can just about see it. Also, the aquila on the shoulder pad, although very impressive, could do with a little work as to the symmetry from what I can see.

Very well done, I am impressed.

Perhaps some close-ups of the face, which looks very good from the view we have! the purple is very rich, and the gold is well executed ;) . The paint does look a bit thick, I would defenitely recommend thinning it. White is a very difficult color to paint, and its one I certainly can't paint to any degree of decency, but it appears you've got it down!

ah yes, the freehand on the shoulderpad is great, but perhaps touch up the checkered rear with some purple to straighten up those edges ;) .

overall a very good job, I just have to ask though if this is a wip, otherwise this should probably go in the hall of honor ;) .

What Lord Donute said!

I like the effects on the face; gives him a rough and ready look that contrasts strongly with the sharp colors of the armor.

I would also recommend trying a narrower highlight in a brighter, sharper color on the purple, but that's more a matter of taste than necessity.

White is tough to work with; you've done well here.

@wiplash - I will get closeups on the face very soon.My cameras just charging at the moment :D

@ all those people who told me about thinning paints all I can say is I'm working on it but it's gradually becoming a habit so expect it to get smoother as time goes by.

@emi - I've been painting since I was 11 but I've got a natural skill at art (a lot of practising in reality) but my painting has come a long way in 3 years and I hope it doesn't stop ;)

Thanks for anyone who comented on the contrast of the face with the armour ;) I was really trying to go for that look. I wanted him to look almost sweaty and grimey.

@Kurgan - I did 3? sorry anyway

@Hubbynz - I intend not to :P

Thanks for all the feedback ;)

TiJ

• 4 months later...

I just posted on your profile about this and then noticed there was a thread ;)

Did you ever get round to close ups of the face? I take it its also a standard assault termie face as well?

1. dude the title of the thread cracked me up!

2. a fellow devonian!!!!!

3. im twice your age and can't paint half as good!

love your free hand aquilla! i think a darker purple would look better and make the gold stand out more but thats just my personal opinion. just think how good you will be in three yeras time if you have come as far as you say! keep up the great work, look forward to seeing more!

:)

Thanks for the rather belated replies,

I am sad to say that there will be no close-ups but I am also pleased to say that I turned 15 on the 13th.

To mark that milestone I'm starting afresh, PROPER ACTION AND <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION>, by keeping every piece of hobby work I do at the best of my abilities.

What will this involve you ask, well.... I am starting a chaos army, using 50 quid of my birthday money.

Along with this I will also buy everything else I need to make the process as easy and as optimum as possible to keep updates frequent and consistent in their quality.

Until then,

TiJ

Archived