Was The Emperor In On It?

If the Emperor planned the heresy, which was orchestrated (planned and orchestrated are diffferent things), by Chaos, and , importantly Tzeentch. Therefore, if we hold this view to be true, it means that the Emperor outsmarted Tzeentch. I just don't see it....

@Forgemann. That whole event is orchestrated by the Chaos Powers. Horus saw what they wanted him to see. I think that is just a fabrication to make Horus feel that the Emperor is a betrayer.

It is most likely possible that is the case. The powers of Chaos managed to manipulate Horus' feelings and anger, to use them for their own cause. I do think that is just what Horus wanted to believe, in order to justify his betrayal.

And I don't think the Emperor outsmarted Tzeentch... After reading a few CSM novels, the HH may have just been entertainment for the Chaos Gods, in order to appease them. I think this comes from one of the short stories in Heroes of the Space Marines: 'It may have delighted the gods to have their champions succeed in so much, then struck down in the face of victory.'

Edit: Coherency.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived