Greater Demon models

I'm not a an of the greater demons GW releases. I was hoping for new ones with the new demon armies so I could use a cool one with my marines but it looks like they are simply re-releasing the ugly modles they have now. Does anyone know of any good sites that sell Greater Demons models?

well, forgeworld has some pretty ba ones, but those cost a boatload of cash, which I would never pay. I'm assuming you mean sights selling one's they made, and not just a different provider of the same model. I'm pretty sure that would be violating some sort of copyright, depending on how the worded it. You could have one commision sculpted, but again, a hefty price.

There might be some out there, I just think it's not likely.

I myself have the same issue, but I'm hoping with gw's plastic craze, they'll eventually release new greater demon models sometime.

I personally like the forge world ones apart from the Great unclean one which isn't that cool.

But if you don't like them or the GW one's just take something else like a dragon or other monster. One bloke at my store has a "night wolves" chaos warband with a warwolf model as his demon prince and has a big fantasy dragon (High elves new one i think) and converted it a bit - he swaped the head for a wolf head and added some fur patches. So it's easy and sometimes more impress to make your own GD.

Well I made my own Greater Daemon and he looks pritty kool. hes a WIP, but looks nice. I took my Dreadnought that I wasn't using from Space Marines, and put the banner from the Ogres that looks like a face and just slaped that on and put lots of Green Stuff and you got one kool looking model.

I went down the 'any other GW monster" route and use a Carnosaur as my GD. I bought it before they switched to bitz packs, so I paid about £21 for it from GW site. Now you can get it for £18 from GW, rather a saving on the £30 for a real GD.

Another advantage of taking a non-dragon monster from the WHFB range is that you can get the lesser daemons to go with teh grater one. I use skinks as the LDs, and at £18 for 24 they're pretty cheap to!

So I've heard it(overhearing a conversation from store employee and direct sales rep) that the greater daemons are being repackaged with two heads in them...Yeah I get the rastafarian bloodthirster head again!

AS to using the Balrog.... didn't think of the generic greater daemon thing.... maybe even daemon prince too. <_<

Archived