Dark Mechanicus

i had alot of difficulty choosing an army, i was always so picky in stupid areas, space marines, too common, necrons, too limited in army choices, chaos was my favorate, so i decided to go chaos. I looked at the army/painting&modeling choices, and didnt like them. My first thought was to make a lost and the damned army, so i went through the armies. I liked the idea of adeptus mechanicus so i chose to go dark adeptus and can see only one fault. COST. But my friend who is eager to get me into w40k offered to help me pay for it, on condition he gets too help model paint and creat my army list, now im actually geting to a point which is..

what should i use in the army list?

i already have a couple of ideas...

• Converting the inquisitors throne into a dark magos throne with mutation and mechanical arms
  • Using dark angel robes on marines, painting it dark grey instead of light
  • putting mechanicle arms on obliterators
  • having skull crusher as my 2nd hq
  • Having daemons within the army, with bionics on them(just cosmetics)
  • having csmarines with servitor parts

but i/we need ideas, any suggestions

I posted this on another page :)

Heres some advice for fluff, specifically regarding the marks and how you can explain them:

Mark of Tzeentch: Either say they are extra durable robots or men with experimental force field technology

Mark of Nurgle: Again reinforced armour etc. or look at the cleaved's colour scheme, they have fluids leaking from their joints, this could be described as oil etc.

Mark of Slannesh: Specially bred specimens with enhanced senses, with pipes/tubes everywhere providing chem-stimulation to increase iniative (sort of like the Arco-flagellants from Witch Hunters)

Mark of Khorne: Men with implanted weapons and blades everywhere plus another idea again like above is chemicals increasing aggression or brain implants to increase their anger (sort of like the Arco-flagellants from Witch Hunters ... again )

Hope this helps you with fluff/explanations and maybe even the modelling part .

• 4 weeks later...
I've just read through the book Dark Adeptus and that gives some very good ideas of the sort of design of Dark Mechanicus Troops, possibly think about using a 'Data-daemon' idea. Basically daemons that use Data mediums to travel round, not sure how you'd be able to model it, but it would be interesting to try

Mybe a mix and match of demon and necron bits,....?

Severus6

First off I realise that im playing at being a necromancer with this thread given it's 8 days old now, but I only just found it.

think about using a 'Data-daemon' idea. Basically daemons that use Data mediums to travel round, not sure how you'd be able to model it, but it would be interesting to try

Maybe this is what youre after? For those who havn't read it (dont worry no spoilers) its a daemon which uses computer systems to replicate itself like a virus and control various items of machinery.

I figured it might be good seeing as how the Dark Future stuff is GW IP and its got a picture (always good). :P

• 2 weeks later...

I like it! Especially the Stalk Tanks,....just one more thing to add to the chaos force.

Severus6

Having gone back and read and re-read this, why were Flayer Kin brought in? I really like the overall feel of the "Codex" but it still seems odd for this group in particular. Now granted, there is background and precedent for it but still,...it just seems odd. Possibly use them as a "counts-as" for those nasty mutated ogryn in the Gaunts Ghosts novel (I forget which one.),...maybe?

Severus6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived