Steel Scorpion Marine

Ah-Shaulah

I like it a lot. I think using too many metalics can really make a mini look like crap. Having this opinion makes me really like the job done.

I like it. It's a simple yet effective paint scheme and I think the base sets the mini off quite well. The only critique I could think of would be to do some washes on the backpack to darken the vents and the joints.

-T.

Very very nice model over all. It is simple and uniform and that makes it look great! The raised edges of the armor could use either a chainmail highlight and or mithril silver, but other than that it looks very nice. I also love what you did with the Red Scorpion shoulder pad. Make sure that you show us what a whole squad looks like when you get one done.

ShinyRhino : Its a kroot gun strap, with the feathers/fur removed and bent into shape.

Brother Alecium : I prepared the remaining eight marines in the squad last night, so now for some factory painting.

ancient god : I went with a dark green, with highlights and washes, then a satin varnish and I am looking forward to the first squad now too.

I like 'em ^_^. Colour scheme looks like metallicised Relictors – nothing wrong with that of course – your scheme looks great. Nice bases too.

Usually where metallics fall down is on large areas found on Dreads/vehicles etc, but you have an excuse to paint whole panels black to match the marines shoulder pads so that should help. Can't wait to see more.

Cheers

I

• 4 months later...

Archived