Chapter Master for my DIY

Well...for better or for worse here is the primed model for my chapter master. Assembeling and resculping bitz was interesting enough...now I almost dread the prospect of painting it.

gallery_9540_2119_22956.jpg

um...any ideas on how to do marble or a good granite for the solid slabs on the base would be appreciated...

insane? its not insane...its a chapter master...come on ... :) I mean seriously, building that isn't insane...building it and painting it may be, but I dont know yet...I am not sure the month I spent building it out and resculpting areas qualifies as insane...yet

and parts? hmm...1x 5LB bitz box? does that work for you? :)

let me see if I can remember this all, though I am not sure I want to...

1x Terminator legs (walking format)

1x Chaos Terminator Lord Tabbard

1x Chaos Terminator Lord Staff

1x Space Marine Tactical Torso

2x Terminator arms

2x Terminator Shoulder Pads

1x Dark Angels Space Marine Mace top

1x Terminator Storm Shield

1x Terminator Knee Pad (?)...for belt and to cover CSM tabbard

1x Devastator Marine Heavy Bolter Back Pack

1x Tech Marine Mechanical arm w/cable and spool

2x Plasma Pistols

1x Scope

2x Meltagun muzzles

2x Meltagun power bits (shaved from the side of the gun...that pill looking thing?)

2x Servo-skulls

1x Vampire Counts Skeleton Banner

3x Vampire Counts Skeleton Heads

1x Inquisiton Brass Etch

1x Empire General Cloak (recut and resculpted to fit)

1x Chaos Warrior Sword in scabbard

1x Chaos Warrior skull head

1x Dark Angels lamp/censer (staff side...cylindrical censer)

1x Pistol in holster (behind shield)

1x Skull from Dark Angels back pack

2x cylinder bits from large base (to extend cooling vents)

1x Flamer gas cylinder (center below plasma pistols)

1x Terminator cross (on backpack)

1x Space Marine Scout night vision goggle bit

2x sections of guitar wire

?x purity seals

1/2x strip of green stuff

plasticard

thats all i can think of looking at my pictures (yes that means there might be more)....the model is at my workstation now

and yes, that list is just the model...not the base

That model is officially bonkers...

Hence why I award you two internets!

Well done, he looks incredible, and I can't wait to see him painted.

And here is the updated Chapter Master with about 3 hours of work in:

gallery_9540_2119_463.jpg

That little bump on his back near the middle of the cloak is from the resculpting...oddly it matches almost perfectly with the sword across his back! (I hadnt noticed that until this picture)

Thanks to all for the kind comments so far. Almost enough to get me to start plotting the next level of officers.

I'm really dreading that banner. The chapter badge is easy, I have decals for that...but that banner is intimidatingly large...flat...and barren....

Beyond the painting, the fluff for him won't be much fun either I think.

As to what he counts as, well I am looking through the special characters (the chapter masters) to see if one of their rule sets would make me smile. Otherwise, I have to count him as a master in artificer armor, likely with combat shield, power weapon, and master crafted plasma pistol...or maybe storm bolter...either adamantine mantle or iron halo would work too. In reality though I think I will wait for the new codex to fully define his kit.

I don't think it really matters how many bit's have been used to convert him. The point is he stand's out and i'm sure once he's fully painted he'll stand out even more. I'm simply in awe, as i don't usually get to see many DIY Chapter Masters!!!

Ekkanus

Chapter fluff already exists...as does a somewhat worked up IA article (links available in sig.) This has been a long project for me, the army that is, this master has taken about a month to convert right and i only just started the paint job on him. Yes, he has a name, but I am working on his specific fluff first...I am not too happy with it yet, but it is coming along well.

The thing I am trying to determine on this model is 1) what to do with the banner...im not used to working with large flat areas and my 2d skills are relatively weak. and 2) how to finish out the base. At first I was thinking the slab pieces of the base would do well in marble with the chapter badge broken up among the ruin. Now I am thinking more of granite (easier to paint) with the chapter badge in marble and bloodstone style broken among the slabs.

in either case. thoughts and ideas on what I can do with that banner would be appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Ghah...It has been waaay too long since I touched this guy, but I finally got back around to an update on him. I appologize for the picture quality...still, taking pictures has helped me see what I am doing here.

gallery_9540_2798_26927.jpg

Personally, I think I am having banner problems. I can paint the model well enough, but have serious issues freehanding/painting 2d areas. Fortunately, this actually looks better than I think it does...but not as good as I had hoped...

As always, comments on this guy are welcome.

Looks good, that is one of the most original models I have ever seen. As far as the banner it is not looking that bad, I also paint banners and other things on a flat surface then I paint it on the model.

Well with the new codex, what does he count as now?

To be honest, I am not even thinking about rules yet...still working through getting the model right. This is turning into the closest I have come to getting the idea from my head and into painted plastic...you really dont want to see the rubble pile Ive built up on this fig...

Archived