My Leman Russ - Primarch of the Space Wolf Legion

This is ace! It really does look like he's laughing in the midst of battle! And The frost blade is awesome (not sure how i feel deep down about it as its made from chaos bits :wacko: )

I shall certainly be keeping an eye on this

Hi guys,

With extra special thanks to Iacton (The Great Crusade Forum) for the donation of some Ronin version Russ parts here is my latest version, still WIP mind you!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6160217.jpg

Still have to add his tankard, head hair (possibly two braids aswell), wolf pelt over shoulders, and armour detail on chest, belt and legs. Feet also need to be worked on and claws added much like Ragnar Blackmanes.

What do you think?

SKOL!

Mjol

The feet look very awkward. Also, he armor looks rounded off, rather than having fine angles like depicted in so many pieces of art of the astartes. And right now he looks like he is wearing platform shoes rather than power armor boots.

Other than that, keep up the good work. It is a good start.

Alpha

Nice work Mjol!

Looks like the pads came in nicely B)

Looking forward to the finished article - somehow he looks MORE WIP than before, not that it's a bad thing at all. Means the idea is still evolving :P

The only other thing is that I thought that all Frostblades were oversized chainswords

I reckon that sword suits the name 'Frostblade' better than an oversized chainsword would, even if it's unfluffy. But that's just my opinion.

Lookin' cool though. Hope the paintjob will compliment the model well. :tu:

• 1 year later...
I wonder though if he should be aiming his bolter, unless your just going for the all out scream at the enemy approach? :D

I thought that was the main Space Puppy battle tactic...? :D

Step 1: Get 10 Terminator-armoured Wolf Guard hammered beyond belief on Ale

Step 2: Cram said Wolf Guard into Land Raider Crusader with similarly smashed crew members and every nook and cranny packed with Ale

Step 3: Get them even more plastered

Step 4: Point the Land Raider Crusader at the enemy lines and hope for the best

Step 5: Open hatches and release the Wolf Guard, with no weapons, having left them back at base

Step 6: Watch said Wolf Guard scream at the enemy and charge in, wrestling them to the ground

Step 7: Laugh at said Wolf Guard (having slaughtered the enemy) do their version of an upturned turtle

:lol:

Back onto topic, now

Your Russis one of the best i've ever seen, I particually love the screaming/laughing at the enemy pose, as it just fis the character of Russ perfectly ^_^

Good work!

Arenis

• 11 months later...
To me it looks like his proportions are off a bit, though this may just be the pose.

The only other thing is that I thought that all Frostblades were oversized chainswords

Codex clearly states that some Frostblades look like chainblades and some look like power weapons. Its not like there's an STC.

WOW, necro!

Anyway by seeing this I realised I never posted a finished pic of Leman Russ so here it is:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P9110023.jpg

I have been using him in teh Tempus Fugitives campaign - the rules for primarhcs are awesome and feel right.

Here is another pic of Russ displayed in the Hall of Heroes at Warhammer World - I was asked to display my army there. :P

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/Russ.jpg

I've seen several Leman Russ conversions and while the skills applied to each of them varried, there was generally one thing in common with most of them that however impressive the respective conversion might have been, it didn't say "Leman Russ" to me. most of the conversions had Russ wearing like incredibly ornate armor with Wolf claws sculpted into the armor, and leering eyes around the collar of the armor and gems hanging off the armor and lots of polished gold and brass and everything. It's Leman russ for crying out! Whatever time he spent not fighting he was drinking or eating! He's not going to have this finely detailed ornate armor. His armor is gonna big, and bulky and probably pitted covered in chinks and little cracks that have been repaired more times then Russ won a drinking contest!

I'm really thrilled to see someone that went with a more sensible approach for The Wolf King this time. Despite all his bravado and legendary stature I always felt Russ to be the most down to earth of the Primarchs. He wasn't in the mind set of "THis vast empire that is destined to span the cosmos" He wanted to fight, drink, eat and celebrate those things. I think you got that right on in your model.

Archived