Dragon Warriors

_Hardie_

hello every one i have decided to start chaos. I ended up deciding on dragon warriors and i was thinking of using nurgle rules to show the added toughness of those dragon scales on there armour but should i just do CSM with nurgle icon or do plague marines? also looking for hellp on paintng scales and the dragon wariors symbol.

well csm with the icon of nurgle are one of those options that have no sense . to make them effective you need to take 10 [to get the second special weapon]] , but a unit like that costs more or less the same pts as 7 PM with same arment . only without feel no pain and with an icon that can die and you lose the +1T .

I agree with the Jeske, an Icon of Chaos Glory may be a better choice for your CSM.

You could take Plague Marines and paint them in Dragon Warrior colours and they'd be truly 'hard' to take down.

Or if you really want that I4, just go with the Icon of Nurgle.

For painting scales I use this tutorial: link

It's intended use is for a graphics program but the premise is the same for painting. The only real difference is that you need to blend and mix your paints by hand when applying it to your minis. :)

Just model them up using the normal CSM sprues and then paint scales + maybe convert the majority of them to reflect their favoured way of fighting, using melta and flamer weapons. This could be raised shoulder pads, extra fuel tanks, scorch marks (from playing with fire), Dragon iconography etc. Only use Horned helmets and so on.

Here's an example of a painted Dragon Warrior Terminator: link

Information on the Dark Eldar (which this forum doesn't cover as we are for Space Marines only) can be found here: link

The worst part about fighting dark eldar at range is their dark lances and up close try to avoid their archon. There are few things scarier than a character with a 2+ invulnerable, initiative 6 or 7, and carrying a weapon that kills instantly on a 4+ (agoniser).

DE jetbikes can be quite brutal as well so try to thin their numbers before they hit your line.

This may sound odd, but why not use the Thousand Sons rules to represent Dragon Warriors? Every marine will have "thick scales" (the 4+ save) and the sorcerer could take Wind of Chaos and call it "Dragon's Breath". The Slow and Purposeful could be explained by the fact that dragons are cold-blooded and a bit slow in "normal" temperatures....

And, of course, I see your first Heavy Support choice being a Havoc squad with 4 flamers (again with the dragon breath theme)...

I thought of using them as Thousand Sons but then i saw that plague marines got feel no pain and invunrable saves i think are only good against assalty armies with alot of power weapons where as the added toughness covers assalty and shooty armys.

Trying to make enough tiny scales out of GS to cover every model in an entire army would drive you INSANE. Not to mention taking about 10X as long as painting them.

Try this...just paint "streaks" on the armor using dry brush techneques, then make the scales with a very fine point paint pen or perminate marker drawing on top of the paint. That may be a fast and EZ way to make scales.

I would just make the scales on the shoulder pads, not trying to make scales around the legs and on the torso, that would be much more difficult.

I thought of using them as Thousand Sons but then i saw that plague marines got feel no pain and invunrable saves i think are only good against assalty armies with alot of power weapons where as the added toughness covers assalty and shooty armys.

Let's see your average Plague Marine stop a lascannon hit from killing him ;). Whereas the average Thousand Son has a 50% chance to survive things that make PM's go splat... AND can do it standing in the open.

But it's your army. Good luck with the scales.;)

FnP won't work against AP 1&2 weapons come 5th edition.

And it doesn't work against Power Weapons or Ranged attacks that would inflict

Instant Death (ie Double Toughness). Plague Marines are T 4(5) so would still

be Insta-gibbed by a Lascannon or even a Krak missile, while a Thousand son

has a 50% survivability...

Remember any advice you get is based on personal opinion... Just do what YOU

want, and make it work for you. The Plague Marines are still a great option, and

I like the fact that you are justifying how they apply to your army.

Laterz...

Since you are doing dragons you might look at WHFB saurus (sp?) models from the lizardman army, to represent your daemons.

Also from the WHFB line the dark elves ride these dinosaur looking things, but they are calvery models so would be a good bit more expensive then the saurus models.

• 2 weeks later...
Since you are doing dragons you might look at WHFB saurus (sp?) models from the lizardman army, to represent your daemons.

Also from the WHFB line the dark elves ride these dinosaur looking things, but they are calvery models so would be a good bit more expensive then the saurus models.

just an idea, dark elf cold ones (dino things) are gettin redone they look awesome use them as flesh hounds of khorne and sauruses as blootletters.

Archived