Techmarine CC attacks

werewolf_nr

As the first one at my local game store to actually buy and field a Techmarine, I would like to make sure I am reading this right.

My marine has a full servo harness. The way I read the rules he has 2 power weapon attacks and 2 power fist attacks and a plasma pistol.

A. Is that correct? 3 PW (base 2 + 1 for two weapons) and 2 PF attacks.

B. Are they at different Initiatives? 3 PW at 4 and 2 PF at 1?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the early, half-completed post.

EDIT: finished post after accidentally hitting enter.

Note, though, that as statted in the C:SM FAQ, the Plasma Pistol mounted on the Servo-Harness does not generate an extra attack. You need to actually give the Techmarine a handheld pistol.

Even still, he is quite powerful. Thanks for the clarifications.

But if you look at the Black Templars FAQ they do get the extra attack...(I think its a mistake but.......)

Not exactly a mistake, the C:SM FAQ (Might just have been the unoffical one) used to to allow the Tech the +1A for the Plasma Cutter too, but was updated later, the Templars just haven't gotten the update yet.

Wasnt there another update AFTER the first one that DID give the plasma pistols attack back?

The FAQ I have has the following:

Q. Does a Techmarine's twin-linked plasma pistol on the servo harness give an extra attack in combat?

A. Yes.

There is no Date, and at work I cannot check the website, but I believe this to be the current C:SM FAQ.

Having looked it up here, the answer is still 'no'.

WOW.

the one I have is IDENTICAL sans the word "No' vs. "Yes" in response to that one question. (and the dlegalese at the bottom has a 207 date vs. 2005)

can't argue with that.

• 1 month later...

Hi a quick clarification about FAQs , so confused.

Since the FAQ:SM says NO! towards the servo harness plasma pistols, how about specifically to BT armies?

Does FAQ:SM carry over to specific army FAQs and codex rules (BT)?

How exactly does a generic (C:SM) FAQ affect specific army codexes (eg.BT) ?

Not exactly a mistake, the C:SM FAQ (Might just have been the unoffical one) used to to allow the Tech the +1A for the Plasma Cutter too, but was updated later, the Templars just haven't gotten the update yet.

Since it isnt updated as C:SM , does that still mean FAQ:BT uses its own rules?

ie. YES! to BT servo harness still getting a bonus +A ?

ps. Sorry to dig old thread but this issue is driving me nuts over which FAQ applies

Hi a quick clarification about FAQs , so confused.

Since the FAQ:SM says NO! towards the servo harness plasma pistols, how about specifically to BT armies?

Does FAQ:SM carry over to specific army FAQs and codex rules (BT)?

How exactly does a generic (C:SM) FAQ affect specific army codexes (eg.BT) ?

Since it isnt updated as C:SM , does that still mean FAQ:BT uses its own rules?

ie. YES! to BT servo harness still getting a bonus +A ?

ps. Sorry to dig old thread but this issue is driving me nuts over which FAQ applies

Its a separate codex so I would assume so.

Absolutely, strictly, speaking, yes, they are separate codices, and therefore FAQ's do not carry over. Getting your opponent to accept that the answer should be the same might not require a lot of effort, though...

Also, confusingly, both active GW pages (old UK one, and the flashy but slow new one) now have their Erratas saying 'Yes' to this question. *Throws hands up in frustration and goes stand in the corner, muttering under breath*.

Master Incarius, you should also note that the FAQ which said "yes" was dated 2005, the one that said "no" 2007, and the current ones (there have been at least 2 FAQs for C:SM released since 5th ed. BBB), whcih also say "yes" have the date stamp as 2005. it appears they added to the older of the pre-5th FAQs.

oh but to wait for sept. 20 so we can see how it all works out...

Yes, waiting is all good. For the sake of the argument, though, it would seem, from the other contents of said FAQ's, that the ones referenced are indeed newer (there is for example the ATSKNF rule spelled out; something which only became necessary under 5th Ed.). And as they are the only ones I've been able to find active copies of...

Ah, lucky me who currently leaves the Techies at home...

which FAQs are newest is obvious since 5th - My point wa smerely that they used the footnote / legal section from the older 2005 FAQ, and apparently the text from it as well. they didnt' even update the date to 2008. it's GW, different, but the same.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to be on the safe side, arm the the techmarine with a bolt pistol. There can be no argument then.

To be on the super-safe side, bring lots of D strength weapons.

LOL..Except the plasma pistol in question is on (and part of) the sevro harness.

Archived