Inquisitorial Stormblade

With Apoc Reload on its way, there’s been some new local buzz to get the next big game planned. Since my loyalties have been divided (literally) I haven’t been working so much on my Inquisitorial, marine & guard force but I should at least have some new models ready for the next big game. (I’ll bring out the Chaos forces for the next one.)

Here’s the Stormblade for the inducted Vostroyan Guard contingent:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Stormblade/00-Right.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Stormblade/02-FrontLeft.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Stormblade/05-Crew.jpg

I’ll have more pics posted in my blog here in a bit.

C&C always welcome.

-OMG

Thanks for the comments.

How did you achieve the dirty white look? I assume a wash of some kind but what brand? Did you thin it, etc.

The affect on the tank hull is based on GW’s recommended approach for Vostroyans but I used a wet brush vs. a dry brush approach to make for a more worn & weathered look.

Here’s a link to their resources online: Regimental Assets: Tanks

Here’s how I reworked it in this case:

Base coat Bestial Brown

Wash with flat black (1:1 water mix)

Graveyard Earth

Graveyard Earth & Rotting Flesh (1:1)

Rotting Flesh

Rotting Flesh & Skull White (1:1)

The only real tricks are keeping a consistent brush stroke and limiting the amount of color you put on the model at every stage. I got lazier the further on I worked on this so the beginning areas look better to me than the later areas. It all worked out in the end.

Maybe one day I’ll have a whole Apoc sized force in this scheme to bring to the table. Yeah… one of these years.

Woah Nelly! Look at the size of the GUN on that thing!!!

It even fires in two modes for all your Apoc damage needs:

Plasma Blastgun

(rapid) – S8, Ordinance 2, 7” blast

(full) – S10, Ordinance 1, 10” blast

If only it did D damage at full blast. Then I wouldn’t have to paint up a Shadowsword at some point in the future.

Thanks again and more comments equally welcome. -OMG

Nice tank you got there OMG

Wow, your work continues to inspire. Great work, keep it up!

I like the model over all, and the work you put into the Vostroyans.

Now that I see your tank I think about your termie anti-titan squad. If one doesn't work, it's always nice to have a back up. And now you have :no:

Take it easy man!

Corb

That model is incredible...

Although, I must say, I wouldn't want to be as close to plasma coils as the driver is! That looks particularly unhealthy!

another amazing model my friend. How long this monster took you?

Too long. If I had to guess, I'd say 20 hrs or so.

Although, I must say, I wouldn't want to be as close to plasma coils as the driver is! That looks particularly unhealthy!

:) Like he always wakes up with a tan on the left side of his face. We can only hope that the Inquisitorial/Vostroyan heath plan covers skin cancer.

I feel sorry for the guy with the binoculars, if that gun fires he's gonna be so roasted...

Reminiscent of the the guys on the Death Star that got monitor the planet killing beam. I still laugh as they duck when the big green ray streaks by. I'm sure ducking must have helped somewhat... somehow.

Thanks again all.

-OMG

I love it. Most of the time it seems to me that the larger the model; the harder it is to make look good. Even more with a super heavy; tons of open space. While Im not crazy about the colors, I love how well the model looks overall. A+ job on the painting. If it did take you 20 hours, makes this super awesome.

That model is incredible...

I thought that too :jaw:

But that is Whoppalising good vintage stuff there!

If you do vostroyans this well then you should get an army of them.

Also Very nice kitchen worktop i like it!

So does this mean I can post pics of all my IG stuff if I say it's commanded by one of my inquisitors?

The B&C has always fully supported the Inquisitorial codices including the non PA units that come along with them. That being said, the wise contributor may find it advantageous to double check before assuming that all IG units are supported by the B&C. In other words, you might want to run an IG model in question by a Mod before posting it.

That’s what I did.

Thanks again for the comments. I get to use this guy in an Apoc game this Saturday. I’ll snap some pics along the way. It is humorous to set this model next to other 40K tanks for the size contrast.

Cheers, -OMG

Archived