even More fluff

thanks guys

13skullz - Velajo Burnt cad red slowly highlighted with GW blood red, (have done a little more work on it, will add more pics lsoon)

Khrangar - Angels Nosferatus, I like that, I will seriously consider this.

Imperial Bane - very imaginitive names maybe the Coronium Piston Steam Divers

Inquisitor_Lenso... - thanks for your thoughts but I agree with Kaldoth, whilst the Blood Angels maybe extreamly loyal, these are their evil serial killer cousins.

Here's the latest pic they are about 60% done, base needs some work, need to do battle damage and weathering, as per previous posts still looking for input about a name, also trying to think of a design for the VAS sergeants tabard, all comments welcome.

gallery_31771_2317_178038.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_71133.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_87879.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_36059.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_28958.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_91162.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_138275.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_104643.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_102085.jpg

not to be a downer on your plans, but BAs are one of the most loyal chapters because of what their primarch went through, and they would never forsake his sacrifice like that.

And these aren't Blood Angels :P They're successors. Two completely different things. Look at the Flesh Tearers and the Flesh Eaters. BA successors, and they're both walking the very fine line between Imperial and Excommunicate.

Cheers,

-Kal

the BA as a whole are on the line of being excommunicated just because of the effects of the gene curse, but that doesnt mean they would go and consort with alien scum for their tech

Hey Inquisitor_Lenso... who said anything about consorting with Xenos, the only consorting this chapter does is to rip their spines (skull still attached) out of their bodies Predator style so they can be taken back to the ADMECH to study, please remember that at one stage ALL MARINES were extremely loyal and betrayal was unthinkable (I must point out here that this chapter does not follow chaos or consort with Xenos, their sole focus is the cure of the black rage, they at no point meant to become renegades, their focus on curing the black rage has lead them down this path) this is the fluff I'm sticking with, thanks for your input.

not to be a downer on your plans, but BAs are one of the most loyal chapters because of what their primarch went through, and they would never forsake his sacrifice like that.

And these aren't Blood Angels ;) They're successors. Two completely different things. Look at the Flesh Tearers and the Flesh Eaters. BA successors, and they're both walking the very fine line between Imperial and Excommunicate.

Cheers,

-Kal

the BA as a whole are on the line of being excommunicated just because of the effects of the gene curse, but that doesnt mean they would go and consort with alien scum for their tech

I don't know where you're getting your fluff from, but the Blood Angels are as far away from excommunication as you can get :wub: That's like saying the Space Wolves are going to be excommunicated for pointy teeth and an obsession with kibble, or the Imperial Fists are getting kicked out of the 40k Club because they can't spit venom. And again, his Chapter is a BA successor. And on top of that, nowhere did he say that his Chapter consorted with Xenos for their technologies.

-Kal

Hey Inquisitor_Lenso... who said anything about consorting with Xenos, the only consorting this chapter does is to rip their spines (skull still attached) out of their bodies Predator style so they can be taken back to the ADMECH to study, please remember that at one stage ALL MARINES were extremely loyal and betrayal was unthinkable (I must point out here that this chapter does not follow chaos or consort with Xenos, their sole focus is the cure of the black rage, they at no point meant to become renegades, their focus on curing the black rage has lead them down this path) this is the fluff I'm sticking with, thanks for your input.

how do they get the xenos tech then?

maybe if you posted up a short history, it may make a bit more sense to me

And these aren't Blood Angels ;) They're successors. Two completely different things. Look at the Flesh Tearers and the Flesh Eaters. BA successors, and they're both walking the very fine line between Imperial and Excommunicate.

Cheers,

-Kal

I don't know where you're getting your fluff from, but the Blood Angels are as far away from excommunication as you can get :huh: That's like saying the Space Wolves are going to be excommunicated for pointy teeth and an obsession with kibble, or the Imperial Fists are getting kicked out of the 40k Club because they can't spit venom. And again, his Chapter is a BA successor. And on top of that, nowhere did he say that his Chapter consorted with Xenos for their technologies.

-Kal

cant find the articles any more (damn new GW website layout) but i saw atleast one article on GW US website that said that the inquistion was keeping an extremely close eye on them, because of the rage (which isnt well known to those outside of the angels and their successors iirc) and that many thought they the angels were a danger to the citizenry and should be gotten rid of.

I've been playing this game for nearly ten years, and I've never heard anything like that. Yes, the Black Rage is under a close watch by the Inquisition, but that in no way means they're about to be excommunicated. Anyway, if you'd like to discuss this further, please P.M. me. No thread hijackery needs to be done here. Keep the comments to the minis and naming the Chapter as requested. Oh, and try not to double post either. :blink:

Cheers,

-Kal

how do they get the xenos tech then?

maybe if you posted up a short history, it may make a bit more sense to me

if the inquisition where to Excommunicate the B.A it would more than likely start a war with all the S.M chapters......and on the subject would that not mean war with mars as the fluff wise have a necron star god on there planet

with that said love the chaplain very cool nice work

Hey guys, thanks for all your input, I've nearly finished these 2 just need to do the weathering, then I'm thinking of doing a Dred, would like to convert it but not sure what I will be doing to it. Can anyone see any places for improvement, thanks for any comments.

gallery_31771_2317_110441.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_56739.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_90629.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_98956.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_40754.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_39839.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_4341.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_57154.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_140442.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_49701.jpg

Hi Hubernator, yes it was deliberately made to look like a mask, they technically are so mechanically enhanced that they could operate without a face, but they keep their face to cling to their last strands of humanity. Think cyborg/vampire trying not to be bad but failing miserably.

Hey Zotias, to be honest I don't have time to play 40K, I just paint the figures, however I like making whole armies so my list is really only driven by the figures I want to paint not by a good playable army, I will do

chapter master plus HQ (libby, apoth, standard bearer) ( might give these jump pack but not sure if I can give a libby a jump pack)

5 honour guard jump packs

5 veteran assault marine in jump packs

10 man assault squad in jump packs

9 death company jump packs

1 chaplain jump pack

10 man tac squad (might give them a rhino)

10 man devastator squad

1 maybe 2 dreads

1 land speeder

10 scouts

maybe some bikes

What do you think of this list?

Hey

Beautiful Stuff!

Is the idea of personality into a chip taken from the geno soldiers in thos eold comics (the name esacapes me)

where the guy has his friends personailtys in his gun, helmet, and bag?

You mean Rogue Trooper!

T

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, the Lamenting Angels are an ever evolving concept, I have decided to make them feel a little more aligned with the ADMECH so are giving them more Iron hands type bling, am working on a 5 man termie squad here are the first 2, these are very work in progress, there will be a fare bit of GS, my main concern is, do the bionics look to uniform? should I try to have them each looking different? should the bionics look busier?please let me know what you think.

the chaos termie is just for size comparison

gallery_31771_2317_51821.jpg

gallery_31771_2317_50585.jpg

Everything looks really cool. I like the idea of the marines that have been fighting for centuries and it makes sense with any chapter's fluff really. I'm really excited to see what you do with an apothecary there are some serious conversion opportunities there for you with these bionic limbs!

The bionics on the termis do look a bit too uniform, as is it gives the impression of a new model of armour. However sir, i believe you have just exposed a new way of making true-scale terminators! Anyway... some variety in the bionics on the termis would make them visually more attractive yet i feel that your chapter would probably bulk manufacture hundreds of the same models out of convenience and use the same on all of the marines (it makes sense).

Al

Very impressive! the paint job on your Chappie is excellent! Really digging the fluff, will be keeping an eye on this thread to see what else comes along!

I especially liked the modelling of the guys stretched face, reminded me of something from a Clive Barker film/book/comic

Keep up the good work!

Archived