What if it never occurred?

evolved23

About the Tau though, I know they were marked to be wiped out, but remember that the vessel on its way to do that was caught up in a warp storm, and that warp storm lasted for at least a few millenia, giving the Tau a chance to evolve.

And the Primarchs were not Immortal (they just seemed like that), they were incredibly long lived, but they would have gotten slower as they got older (and everything does get older, doesn't matter if you are a genetically altered superhuman, you still get old), and one day they'd be just a fraction of a second too slow. And then what do you have? Dead Primarch. Or in Guilley's case, a Primsicle.

Off topic

more souls for them to harvest

Necron's don't harvest souls, they harvest the electrical energy from the living. The C'tan have no use for souls if anything souls harm them as the warp is basically one of the few things capable of destroying the C'tan (not just the necrodermis). Souls are part of the warp. Sorry it's one of those knee jerk things for me...

Back on topic:

hordes of Space Marines

had the heresy never happened there would be no need for Space Marines; aliens, mutants and all things hostile to man would not be a big enough threat to require the Adeptus Astartes...if there is no need then why keep millions of genetically engineered killing machines? They will only cause trouble in a relatively peaceful galaxy.

Oh and as to where the tyrandis came from, it's probably not there anymore...they are like great migrations that eat everything in their way.

The fate of aliens really would depend on how the Emperor felt at the time. He wanted self determination for man, but would he give the same chance to aliens (this just hit me)? Or would he have them crushed/enslaved? It would seem make sense to have the aliens crushed as a dead enemy can't hurt you. The risk is that if humanity faces no threats for a long time it will grow soft and be unable to defend itself, and would die. Which is why the heresy was in a round about way a good thing, it's kept us on our toes and given us enemies to fight (and a game to play -_- )

And the Primarchs were not Immortal (they just seemed like that), they were incredibly long lived, but they would have gotten slower as they got older (and everything does get older, doesn't matter if you are a genetically altered superhuman, you still get old), and one day they'd be just a fraction of a second too slow. And then what do you have? Dead Primarch. Or in Guilley's case, a Primsicle.

Actully the primarches could live for ever as they should live as long as the emperor and hes not dead yet.

"had the heresy never happened there would be no need for Space Marines; aliens, mutants and all things hostile to man would not be a big enough threat to require the Adeptus Astartes...if there is no need then why keep millions of genetically engineered killing machines? They will only cause trouble in a relatively peaceful galaxy."

ahh yes my friend, but you forget it is the IMPERIUM they like to take things..from other people. and we're not the only galaxy out there, theres plenty of other galaxies with stuff we can take and people we can kill, marines are always needed.

and with the emperor not dead and all of the primarchs there not heresied, im sure they could create something that could bring them to other galaxies.

Massive redit: Word Bearers would have probably been crushed when they went insane from Horus dieing and there plan failing. I guess they could have talked to the other Primarchs, I'm sure Fulgrim may have sided with him, but maybe Angron, and the insane Curze but other then that, no one would join and they would have been crushed, losing another 3 legions.

I mean, the Emperor would be like: See why I was busy? It was for a reason! And humans could steal every Eldar world, and set up portals on there own world and the Imperial would be great. I sure they would also find the Dark Age Tech and make great armies, uniting more humans, and maybe allowing some humanoid races to live!

I'm certain the Astarte would be used as police, and to expand humanity beyond our galaxy, and there would be lots of massive inter-empire wars. Maybe new Chaos Gods in different galaxies, new races using the Warp differently, anything could happen, and I'm sure it would be epic.

I mean, the Necrons waking could be a problem, but due to the new tech created by the Necrons nemesis (Eldar Webways) they would be destroyed easily, Tyranids seem to be getting bigger and bigger, so that would be a product.

I'm sure with a death of THE WARMASTER the Emperor would come out for a while and everyone would lighten up a bit, and be too sad to set massive assaults on each other.

Even space marines don't die of old age, the primarchs themselves were the true children of the Emperor and thus are effectively immortal as long as they can avoid getting killed. Hence why every primarch who hasn't been slain is still alive as far as anyone knows. Like their father once did, they've all gone into hiding, biding their time. Some may even be manipulating events from the shadows, but they won't reemerge until they feel that the time is right.

• 4 months later...
Primarchs are immortal. The Lion is sleeping, for the past 10,000 years. Guilliman is still in that statis pod.

Night Haunter is dead. Ferrus Manus is dead. Sanguinus is dead. Horus is dead.

They are far from immortal.

Immortal doesnt mean invincible.

Lorgar is the most Treacherous Primarch, having purposely turned Horus when he himself was already a traitor. Lorgar would have done it at one point. Are weassuming that maybe Horus was never crowned Warmaster? Cos that is what the Primarchs hated above all else. :)

Offtopic: This bothers me with the alternate Heresy theories. They never seem to take in account that Lorgar started it all.

• 1 month later...
Long run Necrons kill everybody. EVERBODY. I mean comon they did it once and then went to sleep (not because they lost or anything) but becasue every other living thing in the galazy was dead. Thats hard to argue with and i dont care how many hormonal cockroaches you have in your hive ship

I'm not sure that alien species would be exterminated. From what I understand of him, the Emperor wasn't as fanatically xenophobic as the Imperium is. Sure he ultimately wanted Human rule in the Galaxy, but I don't think at the expense of genocide of everyone else. Probably more of a humnan ruled empire, with other races integrated, but not in positions of high power. I think the current ecclesiarchy and Inquisition have taken the Emperor's ideals of humans ruling the galaxy to teh extreme and turned it into "KILL ALL ALIENS!".

That's just my view though.

Meta.

Primarchs are immortal. The Lion is sleeping, for the past 10,000 years. Guilliman is still in that statis pod.

The Primarchs were killed in theory they will live forever barring some catastrophic accident or massive wound or loss of a head.

look if the emperor had of let lorgar worship him then the chaos gods would have found another pawn.... maybe slaanesh could have appealed to Dorn's arrogance... now that would have been a heresy.....

Arrogance? Dorn WAS NOT arrogant, that was Papa Smurf, Dorn was even happy for Horus being the Warmaster, unlike Papa and the rest of the loyals...

Fulgrim would have been the pawn, since he was dealing with the God before Horus ever thought about fighting the Emperor.

look if the emperor had of let lorgar worship him then the chaos gods would have found another pawn.... maybe slaanesh could have appealed to Dorn's arrogance... now that would have been a heresy.....

Arrogance? Dorn WAS NOT arrogant, that was Papa Smurf, Dorn was even happy for Horus being the Warmaster, unlike Papa and the rest of the loyals...

Fulgrim would have been the pawn, since he was dealing with the God before Horus ever thought about fighting the Emperor.

what about sang? he was the closest to the emperor... so.....

The Primarchs were killed in theory they will live forever barring some catastrophic accident or massive wound or loss of a head.

Hmm, ok. Catastrophic 'accident' - Night Haunter let the Callidus Assassin M'Shen kill him. Massive wound - Horus killed Sanguinius in the most painful manner possible. Loss of a head - Fulgrim cut off Ferrus Manus' head and presented it to Horus.

Quick question, I do read alot about Guilliman would have been a good choice for alternate arch heretic. Is there a reason for this? I am not rreally too crazy about the Ultrasmurfs because they are just too perfect but is there a reason for people thinking this? Just really curious. Sorry if I might have hijacked this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

If it never occured the Imperium would have conquered the Galaxy, and have been in a good position for when the 'nids arrived. However a rebellion was inevitable for several reasons:

- The Emperor never explained the threat of Chaos which he was obviously aware of to humanity, who remained ignorant of its danger, and therefore vunerable to Chaos.

- The Emperor mistreated several of his sons, and because each Primarch wielded so much power and authority a rebellion on a large scale was inevitable.

- The Emperor never explained, even to Horus why he retreated from the Great Crusade. We still dont know the true reason for this. Some source say it was to claim Godhood, the Imperial Webway seems a logical answer, but why wouldnt he tell Horus?

A rebellion was inevitable as half the primarchs were disillusioned/felt betrayed by the Emperor - The Primarchs wielded too much power in my opinion. The Legions were too large and in some cases too unruley (Night Lords/World Eaters for eg.)

The Emperor kept his sons (and the Imperium for that matter) in the dark about Chaos, probably because he wanted to protect them from it, but corruption especially through ignorance was likely.

Quick question, I do read alot about Guilliman would have been a good choice for alternate arch heretic. Is there a reason for this? I am not rreally too crazy about the Ultrasmurfs because they are just too perfect but is there a reason for people thinking this? Just really curious. Sorry if I might have hijacked this thread.

The only reason i can think of is that Ultramar had become semi-independent of the Imperium, being so far from Terra, The Ultramar system is often described as being an 'empire'. Although we have no evidence to suggest that Guilliman was anything but fully loyal to the Emperor.

The Emperor kept his sons (and the Imperium for that matter) in the dark about Chaos, probably because he wanted to protect them from it, but corruption especially through ignorance was likely.

By that reasoning current Imperial policy regarding knowledge of Chaos is counterproductive. I happen to agree, it's impossible for an Imperial citizen to avoid Chaos when they don't know what it looks like.

The Emperor's supposed project of turning humanity into a psychically aware race is equally impossible given that Imperial policy is to execute nearly every psyker they find.

The Emperor's supposed project of turning humanity into a psychically aware race is equally impossible given that Imperial policy is to execute nearly every psyker they find.

Execute? Rogue Psykers, yes, they're dangerous. Psykers in general they'd much rather put to work as Astropaths, Sanctioned Psykers, Librarians, Grey Knights, part of the Astronomicam etc or feed them to the Emperor to keep him alive. That's what the Black Ships are for.

Execute? Rogue Psykers, yes, they're dangerous. Psykers in general they'd much rather put to work as Astropaths, Sanctioned Psykers, Librarians, Grey Knights, part of the Astronomicam etc or feed them to the Emperor to keep him alive. That's what the Black Ships are for.

Astronomican duty is a death sentence, as is feeding the Emperor. The number of psykers who end up not receiving some sort of death sentence is a very small fraction of the psykers that are discovered by the Inquisition.

Astronomican duty is a death sentence, as is feeding the Emperor. The number of psykers who end up not receiving some sort of death sentence is a very small fraction of the psykers that are discovered by the Inquisition.

Aye i agree, Most Psykers are still persecuted by their peers and the Witch-hunters. Millions upon Millions of Psykers are sacrificed to preserve a corpse(!) - only a tiny fraction get a decent life in the sense of a Librarian for example.

The Imperium is not a nice place for Psykers. :D

Archived