Question about 5th ED counter-attack and furious charge

smhf15

Sorry if this is a little premature. Does anyone know it a unit with both the counter-attack and furious charge USRs in 5th will get the +S and +I for counter-charging? My understanding of the 5th ED counter-attack rule is that if the unit has the rule they get +1A for charging when they are charged. So would this in turn trigger the furious charge rule and they would then get the +S and +I?

Since 5th isnt released yet we cant really sit down with the rule book and give you advice - but check back in a few days when everyone has the rule book.

For now topic closed

Sorry if this is a little premature. Does anyone know it a unit with both the counter-attack and furious charge USRs in 5th will get the +S and +I for counter-charging? My understanding of the 5th ED counter-attack rule is that if the unit has the rule they get +1A for charging when they are charged. So would this in turn trigger the furious charge rule and they would then get the +S and +I?

I'd say no. The wording is "as if they too had assaulted" and "in a turn in which they assaulted into combat" (emphasis mine). The Counter-Attack unit does not assault into combat, they are assaulted. They merely gain a +1A (with an example of "if they too had assaulted" to clear up any confusion - +1A per model)

*celebrating having his rulebooks*

yep rulebook in ammo box arrived yesterday.

i agree with Gitnek. counterattack gives +1A "exactly as if they had assaulted into combat" but furious charge is more definate stating it has to be "a turn in which they assaulted into combat" rather than received a bonus as if they had.

With that specific wording, wouldnt that also mean that if the unit with counterattack is assaulted by a unit with defensive grenades, then they dont get the +1 attack?

Don't have the rule book on me to confirm but I'd say no as defensive grenades are used when being assaulted (check the exact wording ~pp36 if memory serves). So no, you don't lose the +1A for the assaulting unit having defensive grenades.

That and "as if they had assaulted" is used as an example so that you understand +1A per model is the way the rule goes (at least this is the way I'm reading it) - the unit does not actually assault.

Long time lurker, First time Poster, Hi all!

My question concerns the counter attack change and the Chapter banner.

The banner grands ''Counter attack special ability and will have +1 attack for that turn only'' when charged.

So, would my command squad that is getting charged get +1 from the banner and +1 from counter attack? (+2 total)?

Cheers, Frizzle

Yes you would get both. The Chapter banner gives you the counter attack skill and +1A for the turn. So with the change in the counter-attack rule to giving +1A, you get +1A from the skill and you still get +1A from the banner as it is a bonus you get from having that piece of war gear. This then gives you the total of +2A for the turn you are charged. Especially useful for all the BT players out there ;).

sorry for dumb kwestion but i can't find answer in rulebook

if unit "A" whit counter-attack usr is locket in cc (whit unit "B") and get charged from unit "C". can unit "A" get +1A from counter-attack usr ?

kinda a spin off topic but still kinda there

in 4th ed counter attack meant you could move 6" into combat when chraged...

now counter attack is passing a leadership test to get +1 attack in combat; as if you had chraged.

Trust your battle brothers confers true grit (incidently not in the new universal special rules) and counter attack.

ignoring the fact TG is not in the rule book for a second...

would the counter attack grant the model with true grit +1 attack?

as if you have true grit you never get the bonus attack for charging

but then what is the point in having TYBB for the counter attack bonus?

like I said...off topic ish but still in the counter attack area

DH

would the counter attack grant the model with true grit +1 attack?

as if you have true grit you never get the bonus attack for charging

but then what is the point in having TYBB for the counter attack bonus?

for the time being, yes, in the initial assualt round to which the unit reacted. the unit gets this for having the counter-attack USR NOT for true grit. The true-grit USR is lost to the warp, unless you are a PAGK.

Archived