Would the Word Bearers have Sorcerers?

yes the WB do have sorc . I cant remember if they were ever led by a sorc in the fluff . the WB have a very strickt structur and most leaders are either veteran captins or apostols . Strike teams [if we are to believe the novel "demon world"] are led by non sorc . Planet wide attacks are led by apostols or cardinals .

It's very possible that the very Apostle himself would find himself with psychic powers as well thus becoming a Dark Sorcerer-Apostle, or something. Most likely they would still be refered to as simply "Dark Apostles" even though they might have manifested psychic powers, which is not uncommon among the leaders of Chaos Marines due to prolonged warp exposure.

Also there are several mentionings in fluff about Daemon Oracles etc who serve the Dark Apostle with more exact visions if the Dark Apostle himself only was given cloudy ones which he cant understand. As such it's not too far-fetched to assume that they can have Sorcerers under their command to assist them with understanding their visions etc.

TDA

Yep, Dark App hit it on the head. I use my Dark Appostale with MOS and Lash to replicate the firey words he speaks to lure people into the fold of Chaos as a replacement to the Demagouge ability.

Absolutely. It's quite clear that characters such as Erebus have some measure of psychic potential and/or sorcerous knowledge. I also imagine that many of the Dark Apostles are gifted with all manner of dark powers after "communing" with the powers of the Empyrean.

Archived