aleksandur's iron warriors

aleksandur

I'm finally getting finished with the eldar for GT and wanted to start on my CSM army again (no more wolves for a while) This time I'm going for a True IW force and not a renegade chapter using the same rules

anyway, here's the first one, C&C please...

gallery_29628_2213_51786.jpg

in posting this first picture, I can see the green stuff at the arm joint, which I'll need to fix.

gallery_29628_2213_37030.jpg

gallery_29628_2213_12260.jpg

gallery_29628_2213_32890.jpg

gallery_29628_2213_5282.jpg

Nice, but some of the highlights are a tad blocky, and the chevrons should have been on the knee pad only, cause to me anyway they look....like pinstripe. As in a pinstripe suit? still, definitely above gaming quality, and compliment where due, I love the brass/gold.

Just had another look, the chevrons can be fixed by thicker black stripes further apart.

I'll keep that in mind for the next one... less of the stripes in general, too, if that looks weird

as for the highlights on the hand, I was pretty dissapointed with them when I saw them under the flash... in person, they're much darker and less noticable... I'll need to be mindful of that in the future

I'll try to have another pic up in a few days, hopefully I can get my camera working again (these pics were taken on a friend's digital)

until then, enjoy this post featuring 2 of my IW HQ selections.

Umm..

The yellow/black striping needs shading and highlighting. Wash it with orange and highlight the blacks.

At the moment it looks like 80's heavy metal spandex... :unsure:

Not bad! I like your metal, and if you could post the recipe I'd be most appreciative :lol: Three crits:

1. Your highlights are a bit thick in places. See if you can thin them up a bit. It'll make the model look ace :D

2. Your chevrons are a bit off. They're wavy, thin, and in need of highlights/shading. Just keep practicing at it and you'll get better. Sometimes it helps to cut up thin pieces of painters tape and tape them where you want your lines to be. It's better to just develop a straight hand, but it helped me out when I first started with chevrons :)

3. Nab that seam line on the horns ;)

Cheers,

-Kal

• 5 months later...
The pink monstrosity in the back stole away my attention though, is it a greater demon of slaanesh in a can?

that's actually silicone, but I can't say what it's for

What is it? WHAT IS IT?

Tell us the purpose of this vile beast! What is its reason to exist? What fiendish plan are you concocting? :) We're all DOOMED! :lol:

The pink monstrosity in the back stole away my attention though, is it a greater demon of slaanesh in a can?

that's actually silicone, but I can't say what it's for

What is it? WHAT IS IT?

Tell us the purpose of this vile beast! What is its reason to exist? What fiendish plan are you concocting? :o We're all DOOMED! :devil:

brest enlargements? :P :P

btw nice models

I had to go back and read the rules section before I answered this one, and if I'm stepping over the line here, let me know... it's a cup of waste silicone from making molds for resin casting, which is something I've been doing a bit of lately

I had to go back and read the rules section before I answered this one, and if I'm stepping over the line here, let me know... it's a cup of waste silicone from making molds for resin casting, which is something I've been doing a bit of lately

oh so not brest implants :P

Archived