Raptor unit size?

Two 8-man CC-slashing squads with a Power Weapon champion, and a 5-man double Melta tank-hunting one. I find 8 to be a nice compromise, as 10 is somehow too much of a crowd. It would be hard to find adequate cover white maintaining coherency with so much of them, and they still get the job done when they get close and personal. The 5 Melta guys are an ideal tank-hunting squad for me. I'd take them over a Chosen Lascannon team any day... and they're actually cheaper point-wise!

I've ran a full 20 with Nurgle Icon.

Its easier deep striking 20 guys that are as tough as bikes, with the icon each individual (before champ/gun upgrades) is 22.5 points a model for a toughness 5 unit of marines.... Thats 22.5 point "bikes" technicly. Cant get much better then that, right?

Practicly speaking, you give up feel no pain, fearless and blight grenades for 12" move, deep strike and an excuse to make a 20 size unit. You know you want an excuse.

10 Man Suicide Shield for Khorne Bezerker Foot Sloggers.

Totally bare bones. They're going to die, but they gave my Bezerkers another 6 inches without getting gunned down too horribly.

I don't use raptors right now, I'm trying to convert some with the possessed wing(but I only have four).

but the squad when done, will be 10 raptors with twin meltaguns and a power weapon champion. might add a meltabomb to the AC.

Archived