Ordanance weapons in 5th Ed.

HunterB

Hi,

I have been flicking through the nice shiny new rule book I have and was checking up the vehicle rules, being an avid IG player and noticed something interesting and want to double check other peoples thoughts on it.

IT states a vehicle can move upto 6" and still fire 1 weapon (and all defensives) and the ordanance weapon section just states no other weapons may be fired it does not state that the vehicle cannot move if it wants to fire.

Given GWs way of missing things/poor rule wording is this correct?

Thanks

Whirlwinds and bassies can fire their weapons directly. I think that means that they can fire them while moving, but requiring LOS. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure. I know it gets rid of the 12 inch minimum range.

in the new rules all vehicle ordinance weapons may move 6" and fire the only restriction for barrage weapons is if you choose to fire indirect you must remain stationary. however if you wish to direct fire even with a barrage class weapon you may do so on the move if you have LOS. it no longer counts as barrage, just direct fire with no mins.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same question - and I searched this topic.

The reason I had it though, is under the skimmer (or was it fast) vehicle section, it states that they can move and fire ord. Unlike normal vehicles. This is what got me, because it didn't say anywhere that they couldn't move and fire. One of them has to be a typo.

I had the same question - and I searched this topic.

The reason I had it though, is under the skimmer (or was it fast) vehicle section, it states that they can move and fire ord. Unlike normal vehicles. This is what got me, because it didn't say anywhere that they couldn't move and fire. One of them has to be a typo.

re read pg. 70, Fast Vehicles Firing: "including ordinance barrage weapons, which cannot normally be fired on the move" this is a separate classification from "ordinance" (LOS only).

So basically, if a whirlwind can fire either direct or indirect if standing still, but only direct if moving. If, however, it had anti-grav, it could fire indirectly while moving.

Strange rule considering that, to my knowledge, there are no skimmers with ordnance barrage weapons.

Eldar do have one.

The shadow-weaver i think it is (?)

never played with it as its never been that amazing a vehicle - but basicly its falcon with a ordanace barrage weapon ontop if i remeber corectly

How does it work when an infantry model has to fire an ordnance weapons (eg Vortex grenade or demo charge)? Scatter dice and 2d6-BS if it does scatter?

Phil

Yes regardless of whether the firer is avehicle or infantry. Dont forget all blast weapons now do same scatter roll- frag missile launcher etc

About Whirlwinds and bassies - the whirlwind is always barrage. The basilisk's indirect fire upgrade changes it from ordnance to ordnance barrage

About Whirlwinds and bassies - the whirlwind is always barrage. The basilisk's indirect fire upgrade changes it from ordnance to ordnance barrage

"Differently from other unit types, vehicles carrying ordnance barrage weapons can choose to fire them either directly or as a barrage- declare before you fire (58, BBB)." So the Basilisk's direct fire upgrade is kind of useless now.

indirect fire is the upgrade for basilisks. so not useless.

and Aidoneus - the rule for moving combat speed and firing ordinance barrage is for FAST vehicles, not necessarily (not at all specifically) skimmers.

Archived