ATSKNF is gone?!

Ironfather0

yeah, from all I've seen its going to be in the new SM codex, plus if you play fluff chapters like DA and BT,, its still there until the revive the codexes even if they do kick it out of codex marines:P

for the time being, then, where shall one look to find the rule?

obvious answer is the 4th ed BBB, but that's "obsolete". can't use the DA/BA/etc... books, either, by RAW. Is this going to be one of those "we all know how it works, just live with it" things, at least until Sept. 20+?

well you DONT know how it works.

We know how it USED to work, and have ideas about how it MAY work in the future - but at the same time it may have been taken out of the game completly for game balance or any other number of reasons.

For now any rules that say "look in the rule book" dont work. Sad but simple answer.

ahhh

*stupid IG* lol

It is "techincally true" that until the new dex ATSKNF dose not exist for SM

but in the GT, if you are using fifth, you will get to use ATSKNF (subject to change, see thourney rules - if thats been/coming up *i lost track* lol)

if you play a shop tourney, ATSKNF applies

just as in 4th

this all may be subject to an FAQ but by that time the new dex will be out haha

and of course if outside GW, your opponent also has a deciding voice (failing that a role off!)

though they are being abit mean with not letting you have it lol

I mean, you are the MIGHTY SPACE MARINES!!!

From what i know, discipline works differently from ATSKNF. It's not big, but ATSKNF prevents a unit form being destroyed if it is caught in a sweeping advance, where as discipline has no description for such scenarios

well to be honest and they shall know no fear was only mildly useful. space marines could still be herded off the table by the enemy forcing some of the rallying criteria to be void (too close etc) and also rallying rules state that you can charge after rallying etc so apart from teh 3" consolidation for rallying you can pretty much act as normal after rallying. also with rites of battle a space marine shouldnt really be failing a lot. the only major annoyance i can see is that with ATSKNF gone, space marines can no longer rally below half strength.

the only major annoyance i can see is that with ATSKNF gone, space marines can no longer rally below half strength.

Check the wording on ATSKNF in the SM Codex.

The last sentence says that they immediately regroup after falling back.

Fall back and regroup . No word from being not under half strenght or within 6" to the enemy.

Codex overrules Rulebook I've been told .

Beside that , we cannot charge out of moved Landraiders.

I found no assault ramp rule in the rulebok .

the only major annoyance i can see is that with ATSKNF gone, space marines can no longer rally below half strength.

Check the wording on ATSKNF in the SM Codex.

The last sentence says that they immediately regroup after falling back.

Fall back and regroup . No word from being not under half strenght or within 6" to the enemy.

Codex overrules Rulebook I've been told .

Beside that , we cannot charge out of moved Landraiders.

I found no assault ramp rule in the rulebok .

ATSKNF only comes into effect if there are no enemies within 6''. If that happens, you can't regroup.

I'm also betting assault ramps are covered in C:SM

• 2 weeks later...

Archived