The Mentors Chapter Leaders WIP (Picture Heavy)

From my Fan Fiction series: Fury of the Warp, as mentioned in the title, here are the links to the 1st and second parts:

Fury of the Warp Part 1: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=140762

Fury of the Warp Part 2: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=140763

Commander Daedalus:

Leader of the Mentors Chapter

gallery_31111_2010_75394.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_144599.jpg

Chief Librarian Magellan:

Master of the Librarium

Chief Librarian of the Mentors Chapter

gallery_31111_2010_165288.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_210850.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_250301.jpg

Master Chaplain Helios:

Master of the Sanctum

Keeper of the Emperor's Word

gallery_31111_2010_244178.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_237817.jpg

Brothers in Arms: The three Battle Brothers

gallery_31111_2010_11162.jpg

thats allot of glue mess unfortunatly

I know, I had an "argument" with the bottle, I didn't realise the end had split, but don't worry, I'll clean it up with an old toothbrush and some soapy water, if anythign comes apart, I might use superglue instead.

I forgot to mention that this was also an experimental piece, it's WIP, but may not actually be for gaming purposes, we shall see.

I think these are good - are those wires running from the Librarian's head into the hood? - apart from one thing; why's the Chief Librarian of a loyal chapter got a Chaos star on his pack? Naughty, naughty. :)

I think these are good - are those wires running from the Librarian's head into the hood? - apart from one thing; why's the Chief Librarian of a loyal chapter got a Chaos star on his pack? Naughty, naughty. :)

That will be revealed in my fan fiction, but I think you will find that is a servo skull from the Commander box set sprue, and is not of Chaos. But like I say, it will all be revealed in time. ;)

but I think you will find that is a servo skull from the Commander box set sprue, and is not of Chaos.

The commander sprue doesn't have a servo skull on, the devestator one does. That skull is in fact from the chaos sprue.

I think these guys look pretty good, though I'm not too sure about the full shoulder pad over your librarian's head. I did that once for another figure and I never really convinced myself that it worked. Maybe I just need to see some paint on yours. :)

Also, I think you should have the chaplain's head looking in the same direction as he's shooting. For some reason, I always feel like if you're going to point your gun, you ought to be looking at what you're pointing at...at least if we're talking about something you are holding with one hand.

Keep up the good work!

I think these guys look pretty good, though I'm not too sure about the full shoulder pad over your librarian's head. I did that once for another figure and I never really convinced myself that it worked. Maybe I just need to see some paint on yours. :cuss

Also, I think you should have the chaplain's head looking in the same direction as he's shooting. For some reason, I always feel like if you're going to point your gun, you ought to be looking at what you're pointing at...at least if we're talking about something you are holding with one hand.

Keep up the good work!

Shouldn't be too much of a problem to reposition the Chaplain's head, I'll look into that.

Thanks to all for the input, it's always appreciated :lol:.

And there is a connection to the star in future parts of the storyline.

two words - mould lines

Apart from that, I like the figures. The poses and the details look very nice indeed. I agree about moving the chaplain's head slightly to look in the same direction he is pointing his pistol. The other two don't look like they are aiming their pistols so it isn't an issue.

T

Ahhh, the 3 brave leaders portrayed in your story ;) Looking good, can't wait for paint B)

Thanks, oh and to the others who notice mould lines on the model, don't worry, as this is all work in progress. ;)

Just making sure you had spotted them, it is so easy to miss one!

Now I look at the images again, I seemed to have missed a number of mould lines. :blink: ;) :huh: :( :D

Ah well, never a dull moment in the world of Warhammer 40K. :lol: :D ^_^

• 2 months later...

A very quick update on the models shown here, they are no longer that of the Mentors (:o), but of my own chapter (:huh:) , the Sons of Drachus (:confused:), in otherwords, these models have been painted in that colour scheme rather than that of the Mentors, as I found the green and white armour difficult to achieve satisfactorily, and therefore decided to make my the models part of my own Chapter.

Sorry if this disappoints any one expecting to see them in Mentors colours, but like I said I found them difficult to achieve (<_<), and went for a scheme I am more familiar with. :):lol::D:blink:

The emoticons represent what I think you might be thinking at this point, but stick with me on this, I'll have some more details up soon in regards to this WIP project ASAP.

Archived