Force Weapons, the Avatar and Instant Death

Yukka

Hi, after a couple of beers I find myself having a debate with my friend with no rulesbooks to hand.

He says that the Avatar is a Daemon unit and is therefore immune to instant death.

I disagree and used a Sorcerer with a Force Weapon to instant kill him in the last game I played.

The Avatar profile does not include Eternal Warrior, whereas my Daemon Prince does.

Can anyone sort this out quickly? I would seriously appreciate it :D

Yeah, the 'Daemon' rule for the Avatar just makes him vulnerable to anti-Daemonic wargear and weapons (ie he counts as a Daemon). It also confers a 4+ invulnerable save to the Avatar.

No mention of 'Eternal Warrior', so you can still fry his brains with a force weapon (probably need a GK Grandmaster to get the unsaved wound on him though, S4 of normal Libby/Sorceror is too low).

Sorcerer WS is 5 so it hits an Avatar on 4 and with Str 4 it wounds on a 6.

Lucky to get it in but 3 attacks (4 on the charge) there are plenty of chances if you wrap a 10 man marine squad round him to soak up some wounds.

I had alot of trouble with an Avatar last game i played. I just wish i had a force weapon in combat with him. :huh:

Just dont charge an avatar with a terminator squad, it did not end well for me. Although, power fists take wraithlords down nicely. While firing ap3 bolts at the avatar, i knew how my opponents felt as he passed his 4+ inv save almost every time. :mellow:

Yeah, but he didn't say sorcerer, he said grand master. S6 force weapons, with 4 attacks base, are beautiful things! :)

He edited his previous comment that suggested a sorc possibly wasnt strong enough to hurt the avatar :) no worries

Archived