Starting Chaos?

Joasht

My friend was talking to me today about starting a Chaos army, but I've been out of practice for quite a while and definately haven't touched 5th ed just yet in an actual game. Plus, I'm not exactly a Chaos player....(I'm a loyalist scum ^_^)

So far my advice to him has been to get two battleforces, as well as a squad of Terminators since they are so much cheaper in Chaos (No compulsory power fists? Yes please). He also seems to want to get a Predator and a few Obliterators.

He has an inclination more towards Khorne due to his unhealthy obsession with the Berserkers in Dawn of War, but he also really likes Abaddon because he apparently watched Abaddon singlehandedly wipe out an IG army.

I'm just wondering, what would you guys suggest he should get?

I thought I'd ask in his place, because he's still undecided on whether he wants to get into the hobby, and he isn't the kind to go looking for help by himself ;)

Thanks!

He could go black legion and use all the brzrkrs he wants plus other kool stuff like preds and oblits and use Abaddon in large games.

Or he could do a DIY army that uses brzrkrs, + preds etc.

the thing about 5th edition is that troops are your bread and butter. If he goes with berzerkers I'd just do 2 squads at the most seeing as they are expensive. As far as every thing else goes maybe he should try a few games with proxied stuff against you to get a feel for what he likes that way he would know what to buy instead of getting stuff and realising he doesn't like what he bought wasting his money.

Archived