Wound allocation and body bags

With the new wound allocation system in 5th has the use of body bags on havoc and noise marine squads changed at all? Before it was great to have a couple body bags to take off first, but given this new rule is it worth the points anymore?

From what i can tell, for havocs it is, just less so, and for noise marines it isn't. Having atleast 2 havocs in the squad for each heavy weapon still seems like a good idea because often things that are shooting you at long range are 1 shot instant kill weapons. So if you havoc squad gets nailed by a tank or another havoc squad you can stick the low ap weapons on your body bags and then put the saveable ones on the heavy weapons. I think i'm probably going to be running 3 heavy weapons in a 5 man squad. 2 in a 5 man squad isn't worth it, and while if i did like 4 in a 10 man squad i'd not lose the heavies for a long time i would just have too many wasted points.

For noise marines whether it was worth the body bags was disputable, and i think now it definetly isn't worth it to have several. I know some people would have 3-4 extra wounds in a 10 man sonic blaster squad but now i think it's a stretch to use any in small squads, and one or two at the most in 10 man squads.

Anyone else have an opinion?

I cannot say duh any harder than I am... ;)

I playin. Yes, you definitely need body bags. But, from the sounds of it, you're trying to do min/max stuff. If you are trying to put the minimum amount of models in each squad to get more squads and more heavies/special weapons, then I'd have to say that is kinda unfun.

Also, in 5th, you're going to want large troop squads, because they are the only thing that can capture points. And don't think that you'll take minim number and size troops, because people will swarm on them like sharks.

Its not a matter of min/max. Its simply that in 4th if you had a havoc squad with 4 heavy weapons you wanted 7 or 8 havocs to protect that investment, but with the new wound allocation its probably not worth that many extra so 5-6 is all that is worthwhile.

Oh. Ok. Then right on. Yes, definitely take body bags. It's not like every squad that gets shot at is going to take 20+ wounds, and therefore run the risk of losing the good stuff. The new wound allocation system only really comes into play when your squads have dwindled in number, and then you get rapid fired on, or you get hit by a demolisher that wounds all of them (rare for me, my vindi's like to roll 1's to wound), or 4 plasma cannons cause 15+ wounds on a squad.

I say body bags are more useful now. You want to minimise the amount of dice you put to your heavy weapons.

You have a greater chance at losing a heavy weapon man if a dice has to go against him rather than allocating unsaved wounds.

Archived