Thousand Sons and spikes

Julgolax

Now, I am no modelling expert and I dont have loads of money to kick around to convert my dream army of thousand sons (and boy I want to do so badly), but as a matter of appearence, would thousand sons ever bear trophy racks, hooks, chains, spikes, claws, etc? I know this might have been asked before but I would like to know if the "clean and smooth" theme of Tzeentchian Thousand Sons has changed or should be changed. I personlly want to do an army that is very "egyptian" themed with every unit bearing the signature "pharoh's crest" in some way whether it be a defiler with a huge crest on it's torso or a tank with obsidian stonework laid into the armor like a golden necklace from egypt. BUT. What about "chaosey" things? I wanna hear what YOU have to say :lol:.

BTW, If anyone knows of any tutorials for making those crests yourself, please PM or share. Thank you.

I would say that a cleaner look would be what you are looking for. Instead of hooks, spikes and body parts you should go for scrolls, books and relic items.

Take a look at the Tomb Kings army and the Thousand Sons army in 2008 catalogue. Plasticard could be used to make a lot of your crests, either by cutting out the shape and scoring it with a exacto knife or by gluing small pieces together. you can pick it up at train hobby stores.

Ardus.

I'm a strict adherrent to the "clear and smooth" Thousand Sons- We don't NEED the trophy racks of other Legions/warbands/Space Wolves :P.

I also believe in the Egyptian look for Thousand Sons, and have looted bits from the Tomb Kings of Fantasy AND Warmaster (The Warmaster Sphinxes make great lesser daemons- Animated guardian statues). I'm currently working on a squad of Ushabti that will "count as" Terminators with lightning claws... There's a wealth of bitz out there for us Thousand Sons lords- it's just a matter of finding them...

or a tank with obsidian stonework laid into the armor like a golden necklace from egypt.

If I were you I'd look at the Forge World Thousand Sons Rhino/Land Raider doors- they REALLY look like stone/goldwork AND really look great on tanks.

Yes I think the T'son should have a different look then other csm's, Egyptian stuff, scrolls, magic items and books, etc. Leave the skulls and spikes etc to us BL, WE, WB's etc.

Archived