alpha legion

alright well i just saw the new batman dark knight, besides the fact it was awesome i really loved how batman has been portrayed. a silent guardian who watches over the city and does what needs to be done regardless of the rules. i loved it and could picture the alpha legion marines being the same, what with the revelations in Legion. I feel like they will do anything to save the imperium, even by becoming their greatest enemy. Anyone else feel like this? or see it from my point of view? or even yet if you dont agree at all let me know

I more see the Night Lords that way, especially after reading Lord of the Night. The Night Lords Legion, the tame monsters of the Imperium (Pre-Heresy, that is), the Legion that sacrificed its humanity in order to become what was needed in order for the Imperium to stay whole, butchering innocents so that the true foe would be terrified into submission. And what was that quote in the movie?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.

Matches the Night Haunter, doesn't it.

So while I can see some parallels between the Alpha Legion and the Dark Knight, I see more between the Night Lords and the movie.

Okkkkkkk

Lets have this out now kids: The Night Lords are in no way tourtured souls, debasing themselves for the good of mankind. And they weren't before. They caused terror because they bloody loved it.

The Alpha Legion are also, not doing it for the good of humanity. You're taking the 'revelations' from Legion far too literally.

Actually, go read Lord of the Night.

They did that because the Emperor asked them. The genocides were sanctioned, and then the Emperor betrayed them when they were no longer useful. Night Haunter was just doing what was needed.

Even on Nostromo the Night Haunter was just trying to establish a peaceful society without crime, he wasn't killing because he enjoyed it.

His Elightened Majesty, Senseilord Ashahara of the Alpha Legion, has indeed read Lord of the Night, and it did please him greatly.

He would respectfully point out , however, that a) Night Haunter tried to bring about a peaceful society by mercilessly hunting down criminals as a vigillantee, thus attempting to build peace from terror and B) the masses of the Night Lords during their expansion were drawn from the scum and filth that had previously been hunted down.

The Night Lords recruited the unnoble. They lost discipline. They lost their sense of perspective. They used terror for terror's sake and their thirst did grow and become mighty.

Archived