No Combi Bolters anymore?

Yukka

The chaos lords handbook says about rerolls and talks about combi bolters vs storm bolters but I cannot find a combi bolter listed in my codex, only flamer, melta and plasma.

Have they been ditched? My terminators come with twin linked bolters but do they stay as twin linked when I add a combi weapon? I dont think so but clarification is great. Maybe its something I have missed..

The chaos lords handbook says about rerolls and talks about combi bolters vs storm bolters but I cannot find a combi bolter listed in my codex, only flamer, melta and plasma.

Have they been ditched? My terminators come with twin linked bolters but do they stay as twin linked when I add a combi weapon? I dont think so but clarification is great. Maybe its something I have missed..

The old 'combi-bolter' has been renamed in an attempt to cut down on this confusion. What they used to call a combi-bolter is now just called a twin-linked bolter. Combi-weapons are bolters plus one-shot versions of melta, flamer or plasma, like you said. If you read the terminator entry, you can take a combi-weapon in exchange for your twin-linked bolter. So it doesn't stay twin-linked, that weapon is gone, in favor of whatever combi-weapon you choose. Hope that helps.

Archived