Bolter, Bolt Pistol and CCW

Antarticus

Might seem like a stupid question, but I haven't played in years (2nd ed.) ... so now I'm converting my old Space Wolves for Chaos, and I was wondering how you do the bolter, bolt pistol and CCW.

Not clear, eh? I mean, WYSIWYG (which is how the game is usually played, right?) means what the model needs to show what he equiped with (right?). So if Chaos Marines are equiped with a bolter, bolt pistol and a CCW, do we just assume they've tucked the pistol in their belt, or do you go all out and ... um, do something special?

I kinda know the answer, but I'm just curious.

Matt

There are various threads about the place talking of this but to answer your question it is acceptable most places (including tournaments) to not model one (bolter) or two (BP/CCW) of the weapons on. Provided you model all special and heavy weapons on the models.

As the other guys have said, standard wargear does not have to be shown, only options have to be shown.

Just curious, why did you decide to convert you SW's to chaos ??

Leave enough SW stuff on them so you can tell they used to be SW's, that would look kool, some of the 13th Co. that finally gave in. ;)

As the other guys have said, standard wargear does not have to be shown, only options have to be shown.

Just curious, why did you decide to convert you SW's to chaos ??

Leave enough SW stuff on them so you can tell they used to be SW's, that would look kool, some of the 13th Co. that finally gave in. ;)

Truth? I was reading lots of the posts here in the Space Wolves section, and ... well, it got on my nerves how people would say SWs would never give in to Chaos, and that they're better than everyoen else and whatever. So instead of throwing out my models, I decided to turn them to the dark side -- 13th Company were way cooler than regular SW anyway!

So I gots bits from eBay and different websites and I started converting my models! I'm having a blast doing it. I haven't started painting them yet, but I'll make sure it's obvious they were once Space Wolves! I'll throw in a few Red Corsairs and I'll have myself a fun army to play with.

I haven't played in years, I don't take the game too seriously, I just want to have fun and my army to be different. I bought Huron last week and added a few SW accesories to it! Same with my Chaos sorcerer ... there are a few SW thingies hanging from his staff.

Just having fun.

Its funny you mention that... my army is fallen 13th company, all that ferocious slaughter made Khorne smirk, but to keep with 13th, their Rhinos are gifts from Lorgar and Abaddon and painted appropriate colors as is their defiler which is solely black legion colors. You can help me with ym army list which is up for review currently as well.

well, it got on my nerves how people would say SWs would never give in to Chaos, and that they're better than everyoen else and whatever

well thats because of the two pages short story by thorpe , all the fluff that was before it [more then 2 pages ] did just that .

well thats because of the two pages short story by thorpe , all the fluff that was before it [more then 2 pages ] did just that .

Things have changed apparently, and it seems some people have a hard time with that.

But that's me. I suppose I understand why people might be upset by the Wolf of Fenris story ... but it's just that, a two-page story that's easily lost in a much, much larger story. Get over it.

well, it got on my nerves how people would say SWs would never give in to Chaos, and that they're better than everyoen else and whatever

Feel free to join in our Wolf-bashing AKA Summer Campaign... The Battle for Kiartan (Summer Campaign)

Might seem like a stupid question, but I haven't played in years (2nd ed.) ... so now I'm converting my old Space Wolves for Chaos, and I was wondering how you do the bolter, bolt pistol and CCW.

I give some bolters and chainswords, and others bolt pistols and chainswords, but I have seen people who have modeled bolters in one hand and bolt pistols in another, and that works too.

Well, there's also that lone Space Wolf with Red Corsair style markings over all eagles and his chapter symbol in the 3,5 Ed Chaos Dex. :huh:

TDA

You know that scene in one of the Matrix movies where they come out of the elevator and start running and flipping off of the walls while gunning down those guards in the club? Yeah, one of my vet sergeants is doing THAT. And he's holding a plasma pistol and bolter. I'll have to post pics someday. Alas, I decided that my camera needed a washing when I was drunk, so I left it in my shorts when I threw them into the washer. Ooops.

As far as WYSIWYG, it states in the book on pg 47 that it doesn't really matter. At a tourney, it might be highly enforced, but not so much so in friendly games. (Heavily paraphrasing, but read for yourself.)

I don't worry about it, I just mix my units with bolters and CCW/pistols, then tell my opponent they have both before the game begins. Most people know this and won't complain. I may go back and add some holsters or slung bolters in the future.

I modeled most of my marines with bolter and ccw (used to have true grit), a few with just a bolter and a few with bolt pistol and either bolter or ccw.

It never seems to matter, everyone knows Chaos guys have all three.

Everyone around here knows about the three weapons, and it doesn't matter what you have modeled unless it's a special weapon (power fists, power swords, etc).

Almost everybody has a side chaos army anyways...

Well, there's also that lone Space Wolf with Red Corsair style markings over all eagles and his chapter symbol in the 3,5 Ed Chaos Dex

I think i wrote it somewhere else so didnt want to do it again . single marines happened before [specially in the wild imagination of the hvy metal team] . for me the problem is that there is tons of fluff about sw [for example durning the initiation they test the aspirants if they would go over to chaos and those who would die] , about their pack mentality etc . the chance of enough sw going over to huron side or even form a company who could exist in the eye of terror is very small , small enough that it never happened in the fluff . the thorpe comes writes a 2 page story [a but forced story that should advocate how cool the renegade csm are] and then leaves GW ??? or maybe its something like they done to the salamaders , who from a cool army weren turned in to black skined eye flaming devils and GW just forgot to tell us [and their own hvy metal team] for the last 20 years that it was that way .

whats next WB following singular chaos gods or maybe non mad WE ?

Archived