Greenstuff Moulds

munky79

awww i went to hobbycraft today ;) i wish i had read this thread this morning

great stuff

the banners wont work though cos they are round

if you do any 2 part mold stuff like the SW axes or swords (hint hint) please show

as promised here is a pick of the wolf skulls on a plastic pad, i apologise for the bad pic its midnight and ive got a really bad headache( and i stuck the skull on a little too high ;) )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/munky79/DSC00422.jpg

also here is a link for the sculpey i use:sculpey

tho this isnt who i bought it from i cant remember where i got it

How do you prepare them to be put on the model, any pics of a figure for us? Great detail on those casts, how do you carve out the hollows for the arms though is what I want to know basically.

sorry i havent got a model made up yet but as for the arms either cut off the shoulder part and pin to the GS pad or use a Dremel or grinding tool to hollow out the pad so its the same as a plastic one

How do you prepare them to be put on the model, any pics of a figure for us? Great detail on those casts, how do you carve out the hollows for the arms though is what I want to know basically.

sorry i havent got a model made up yet but as for the arms either cut off the shoulder part and pin to the GS pad or use a Dremel or grinding tool to hollow out the pad so its the same as a plastic one

OK thanks. I'm impressed with the results you've got out of this cast. Cool tutorial I'm going to have to give ths a try.

i would just like to add on behalf of the moderati that i am in no way endorsing the copying of Gamesworkshop figures, the reason being that the staff at Gw have invested a lot of time and effort into making the models we enjoy.

this topic was mearly a showcase of what can be done with supersculpey and greenstuff, i would appreciate if members could stick to posting about the process rather than what can be theoretically moulded from it.

many many thanks everyone

Munky

very nifty process, it will be quite useful to do something like this on converted weapons and such so you can make uniform armies that are still unique.

though would it be ebtter to use a resin or plaster of paris, rather than green stuff as it would be more cost effective?

• 2 weeks later...

i recenlty did this for my night lords.

making moulds for shoulder pads wing details and forge world doors, and chapter icons.

it is great.it does also mean you can release the green from the mould whislt still setting and make terminator shoulders which look great!

So, quick question, I have this stuff, but didn't realize it could be used so well to make spare parts for those hard to get bitz. So you put the part you want in there after applying a lubricant so it doesn't stick, but do you bake the part along with the super sculpey, or do you remove it after a couple of hours and then bake the sculpey? And also, when you've made the mold, do you let the Green Stuff harden inside the mold as it sets, or do you take it out after an hour or so so that it doesn't stick in there?

Thanks a bunch

--Nikolakhs--

Remove the part before baking at the designated temp 275F (off the top of my head), you can let the sculpy set up by letting it sit for a while prior to pulling your "male" pattern. (Haven't tried the following yet bit will give it a shot - put both parts in at a low temp to speed up the process, or on top of computer case). GS needs to set for a bit prior to removing (this depends on how you mixed your GS as well how intricate your parts are).

Archived