Dice* questions

Cl4d

I didn't really have an idea of where to post this but, how many dice do I need to play, do I only need d6? Where do you get your ''cool'' looking dice. Thanks for your information

1 - Plural of dice is die

2 - 20-30 die are usually enough -depends on how large your hands are :P

3 - only d6 needed for normal play - no funny stuff like d8, d10, d12, etc.

4 - if you won't use Blast Weapons and won't Deep Strike, you can get away with d6 only; otherwise, like stated above, you need the Scatter Dice

Borys

1 - Plural of dice is die

Other way around :P And for some reason in parts of the UK, "dice" is both singular and plural.

2 - 20-30 die are usually enough -depends on how large your hands are ;)

I'd go for at least 10-15 dice, but a few more won't hurt. It depends a bit on what you do: if you have small squads that only fire once, for example, you can get away with that kind of number; if you play with large squads that get lots of attacks (think something like a 30-strong mob of ork slugga boyz that charges) you're going to need more :)

Scatter Dice

If you can't find one (only GW makes them, AFAIK) you can easily improvise one by drawing the necessary symbols on a regular die with a marking pen.

CL4d - Where to get the dice: there are lots of places that sell chessex and other brands of dice that are "cool looking" and come in sets of 36 dice or more. thewarstore.com is a common net store that sells supplies like this, GW sells gaming dice in tins that include the scatter die, most game stores (where you get your models) will have something to offer you.

as for the die/dice thing is even more fun if you work in the US semiconductor industry - die=singluar, die OR dies=plural (never dice, as it should be. kills me).

And the important lesson to learn here is once again that knowing how to say an English word won't help you spell it in any way, shape or form :P

As for buying dice: any game store will have a supply, and if there's no game store near you, go to a toy store and see if they have any. Buy some cheap Yahtzee clone or similar dice game if you have to :huh:

i got a bag of 50 dice, half black, half red off ebay. wasnt more than 3 quid. get scatter dice from gamesworkshop or draw the marking on another die with permanent pen

lots of dice is coooool. loads of red/white/black and lots of rolling :huh:

Best place for dice is ebay.

Iv been bale to get 200 for less then $10 before.

But this isnt really a rules question and the nature of grammer in respect to someones country of origin is not the topic neither, so post closed unless someone has a VERY good reason for me to re-open it.

Archived