Dawn o' War Part 2

Keptin

I know that a dedicated transport is now considered a unit when deploying in Dawn of War. However, what about Combat Squads?

I have 2 10 man tactical squads, each with a rhino. They only represent 2 troop choices.

When I deploy 1 troop choice and comabt squad them, do they now count as 2 units?

If they are considered 2 units, when deployed, can I hold back their dedicated transport? I thought the transport must be deployed with their troops.

What I'm sure is that in both the DA and BA codecies, it says under the combat squads rule, that "each Combat squad is treated as a separate unit for all game purposes". It also says that squads are split when deployed, so yes: one squad split into combat squads is treated as two units.

About the transport...cross your fingers and put your hope on the FAQ.

you cover what is on page 92 of the BBB, under Multiple Unit Choices, it says (paraphrasing) that a FOC slot may include multiple choices (IG platoon, unit w/ dedicated transport, etc...) and "these units operate and count as separate units in all respects."

the combat squads rule in DA says that the decision to break into combat squads must be made "when the unit is deployed. Both combat squads are deployed at the same time but may be deployed in separate locations. ...each combat squad is treated a sa separate unit for all game purposes from that point." the unit is still one at deployment, regardless of whether or not you deploy as combat squads. the BA version works the same for this question, though the wording is slightly different.

so deploy a single unit, combat squads or not, and their rhino - you've got your max 2 troop units.

to me, the unanswerable question for Dawn Of War missions is, are units that are not deployed before the game and not held in reserves, who thus move on at the start of their first turn "just like" from reserves, able to split into combat squads? (they are not deployed nor in reserve, they are in rules limbo)

Archived