[ARTWORK] Suicide attack

kombat-unit

Hello thar, people! I've been missing out on the forums for a long time, since I got all worked into my Blood Pact project, and haven't done any of power-armored stuff.

However, on this pic I've made a shot of drawing a proportionate and none-cartoony loayalist marine, so I think it came out rather nice to show you all. This is a collaboration with another deviantart artist, http://tyrantwache.deviantart.com/. I did the lineart, which you can also see here http://kombat-unit.deviantart.com/art/Suic...attack-91179836, she did the color job.

Hope you like it%)

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9438/suicideattackcolorbytyrpf9.jpg

Very cool. The pencil art is nice and technical looking. :) Really good colours too. What tools were used?

You gotta love those Khorne/Bloodpact guys, doing whatever they can to help the cause. :)

Very cool. The pencil art is nice and technical looking. ;) Really good colours too. What tools were used?

You gotta love those Khorne/Bloodpact guys, doing whatever they can to help the cause. :)

Thanks and on behalf of my friend too%) For the lineart I used Corel Painter X, and Tyrantwache used Photoshop CS or CS2 I think.

Yeah, these days I enjoy doing cultists more than marines, they seem to have more character, heh%)

The Crimson Fist SM looks awesome. Keep up the awesome work.

Heh, thanks a lot man) I've always felt uncomfy drawing loyalist SMs, glad to hear that this one turned out more or less acceptable%)

Very good.

But...

What ruins the whole picture though is the setting.

A space marine standing guard like some sleepy PDF private is taken completely by surprise by a filthy, skinny chaos cultst.

Naah, dont think so. Far from beliveable.

Very good.

But...

What ruins the whole picture though is the setting.

A space marine standing guard like some sleepy PDF private is taken completely by surprise by a filthy, skinny chaos cultst.

Naah, dont think so. Far from beliveable.

Thanks.

Hmm, and I don't think that Space Marines can be killed only by Space Marines or some really powerful Xenos, because that actually negates all the points of having Imperial Guard and Battle Sisters and stuff like this. Then, no one kind of goes by the same logic when even in official GW lit, and I'm not talking about numerous fanfiction, you get some brave IG commissar, that single-handedly, in open fight (here at least the cultist attacks from behind/above and with some surpise) takes out a Chaos Marine (which, by the same logic, is not only more powerful than a fresh loyal Marine, but also has more experience). The cultists intentions are not to ignite an epic close-combat battle, but to stick the grenade in the Marine's bulky armor and detonate it%)

So I was coming from this point of view when I did the picture.

The setting makes the picture not ruins it. It would be foolish to think that space marines never stand guard and that space marines never loose concentration. I think that member was a little sad that his favourite loyalist got killed :tu:

Brilliant job! One of if not the best artwork I have seen on this board.

The setting makes the picture not ruins it. It would be foolish to think that space marines never stand guard and that space marines never loose concentration. I think that member was a little sad that his favourite loyalist got killed :lol:

Brilliant job! One of if not the best artwork I have seen on this board.

Exactly%) I've got my works dissed by loyalist fanboys on numerous occasions, don't want it to happen here though)

Thanks man, nice to hear that%)

Great stuff again k-u.

I really love the sense of "uh-oh!!" in the picture.

Did you ever finish the Sahaal artwork? I made the model inspired partly by the art a few weeks back.

Great stuff again k-u.

I really love the sense of "uh-oh!!" in the picture.

Did you ever finish the Sahaal artwork? I made the model inspired partly by the art a few weeks back.

Thanks dude)

Ah-ha, I finished the lineart, but the coloring's not ready... I hope to finish it before september though, gonna go check out your model!

i love it

the only think that look soff is the way hes holding the bolter lol

just most minis have marines holding them the other way around

not that it matters...I'm pretty sure they're ambidexterus (spelling)

- yaknow

equally good with both hands

loooove it

coulda done a rubbish loyalist chapter though...

CF are too cool to die haha =]

i love it

the only think that look soff is the way hes holding the bolter lol

just most minis have marines holding them the other way around

not that it matters...I'm pretty sure they're ambidexterus (spelling)

- yaknow

equally good with both hands

loooove it

coulda done a rubbish loyalist chapter though...

CF are too cool to die haha =]

Hah... I'm left-handed, so almost all the characters I draw end being lef-handed too%) So it's a personal glitch, nothing intended though.

As for the loyalists - I see them all equally fit to die, he-he))

Guest Gordofski

That chaos carapace armor looks awesome! I love it.

It looks to me like he's trying to stick a stikkbom in behind the marine's head, while falling. The 'nade goes boom, he goes splat, his squadmates take advantage of a near dead/disoriented crimson sister-fister.

He looks like a wretched little twerp, just the sort of person I'd expect to be duped by chaos!

Very cool. The pencil art is nice and technical looking. ;) Really good colours too. What tools were used?

Thanks and on behalf of my friend too%) For the lineart I used Corel Painter X, and Tyrantwache used Photoshop CS or CS2 I think.

Yeah, these days I enjoy doing cultists more than marines, they seem to have more character, heh%)

I'd still love to see you do a Berzerker in a full out blood rage. ;)

I have Corel Painter I'm playing with right now, but I would love to know what brush/paint type gives that type of effect. Great job to both of you again. A lot of the time I see small proportioned marines in fan art but I think you've got a great handle on the anatomy/proportions of the marines.... just my personal opinion of course.

The Crimson Fist is awesome (love the high shoulderpads), but I have to say that the cultist's arms and legs look too skinny and flimsy. They just seem a bit out of proportion compared to the torso and head. Really cool stuff though, so keep it up!

Hmm, and I don't think that Space Marines can be killed only by Space Marines or some really powerful Xenos, because that actually negates all the points of having Imperial Guard and Battle Sisters and stuff like this.

The cultists intentions are not to ignite an epic close-combat battle, but to stick the grenade in the Marine's bulky armor and detonate it%)

Yes and thats where numbers like a hundred to one com into the equation. Marines are few, guard are beond count and still a couple of squads of marines can take out guard armies.

The cultist must first manage to sneak up on the marine with his enhanced senses and helmet that further aguments them. Aint happening.

Thus I stand by my point.

Archived