Retinues

once your retinue has died. You revert back to your independant character status and may go and join other units as normal. As far as i remember a retinue is completely covered in that short parageraph on page 48. so its nothing too taxing.

once your retinue has died. You revert back to your independant character status and may go and join other units as normal. As far as i remember a retinue is completely covered in that short parageraph on page 48. so its nothing too taxing.

then the definition for retinue is not met

""characters together with a special unit that they cannot leave during a game""

then the definition for retinue is not met

""characters together with a special unit that they cannot leave during a game""

Your correct - but they have not left the unit, the unit just has ceased to exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be sad to see the the current C:SM command squads go the way of DA. Those things blow. I don't want my character picked out in combat. Trust GW to finally make command squads worthwhile, then 10 seconds later make them suck again.

Until new dex comes out, my chappy with a TH is mostly untouchable until his command squad dies. Agrab, you can let people pick your dudes out if you want to. It's crazy, but none of my opponents have made an argument yet, after they read the rule themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
The retinue rule states that a retinue is when a character cannot leave or join other squads as long as the retinue is alive. therefore, marine command squads, guard command staffs and tau honour guard all fall under retinue status without being names as such.

Concerning the marine command squads, i don't recall them counting as retinues. Indeed in the newest SM like codex which was the DA, the entry for

command squads said only that u can have 1 unit for each IC in ur army, but they are not supposed to be together.

The only retinues i can think of are, the Cenobyte Serbitors for BT, Wolf Guard Bodyguards for SW, Servitors for Techmarine, Squad upgrades

for Ork SCs, Tyrant with VW buggies,Wh & DH retinues and Smurf Honor guard...etc

C:SM p. 21, "space marine characters" #2 "The character is a member of the unit and may not leave it."

-doesn't this count as a retinue/bodyguard, etc... by the definition in the new BBB, P.48 retinues "...special unit that they cannot leave during the game"?

U are correct, but given the changes in the SM chapters in general, starting with the DA, IMHO this is going to change...

We'll have to wait and see what will happen in the new SM codex.

Certainly BA and DA don't have retinues for the ICs.

Wow wow wow-now. I gotta stop you there. What about our dear Honour Guard, eh? They count as a retinue for the purpose of combat. So if I had Danye and his HG, he couldn't get singled out.

Btw, does a retinue and it's Character count as one or two Kill Points? For example, my Dante has had his whole squad killed off and has become and IC. Does that mean that he is an extra Kill Point if he dies?

• 4 weeks later...
yup, sadly no mention of honour guard or command squad being retinues for their respective characters in the new codex. and no 'hints' either :) (i.e wording saying the character may not leave the squad etc).

Archived