Horus Hawks (Egyptian themed Chaos Space Marines)

Imhotep

Those Thebians seem a little too close to the original Egyptians, it could use a few name changes here and there. I just really think you shouldn't call the river itself the Nile, use something that someone could connect with the Nile but not the Nile itself.

Other than some lazy names :( I love the models, and the contrast in the painting is great :o

I love the fluff behind the army and I love the paint job, too ^^

need fluff for those 'zerkers, though, and maybe shave off those khorne symbols and paint on the symbol of whichever god they represent? :D

Awesome!

Arenis

*chants* Ar-my shot! Arm-my shot!

This is a great army and I love the theme. Maybe you could do a couple of truly 'dead' troopers with little piles of sand running out of where the limb or body had been cut (I was thinking of doing that for some dead 1K sons but it could work for these as well)

Could I ask what base colour you have used on the tanks??

DGC

Thanks for the feedback guys. The base color for the vehicles is Vallejo Desert Yellow, although I did get an airbrush recently and highlighted the flat surfaces of the Land Raider with Vallejo Iraqi Sand.

• 6 months later...
I have to say, i am normally not a fan of tan armies in 40k. Normally the colors just dont work, but here... your work is bloody brilliant man! I especially love that land raider. the blues really contrast amazingly with the desert colors.

• 8 months later...
You bringing these next year Dean? You got one write in vote from Duke for Best Terrain. ;-) It is getting more and more popular Astro Van, if it is on the GT circuit again it should truly sell out.

Archived