Games Day Chicago Thousand Sons

wappellious

I am not sure which figure you mean, since I don't know which arms would qualify as new or old (sorry). :)

If you mean the arms that have the ribbed effect on them, there is at least one other guy in the squad with those types of arms.

I did try to make each figure unique in some way, using different shoulder pads, different torsos, legs, etc. It was not much of a choice, since I had a limited number of actual "Thousand Sons" parts to work with ;) Other than the 7 heads, there were not a lot of arms or torsos, and maybe 6 shoulder pads.

Using Reaper Amethyst wa svery helpful on this project, as it blends very nicely, as do the other Reaper dark colors, such as elven green and walnut. I used space wolves grey to lighten the colors, and then wet back with the Amethyst to glaze back some of the darkest recesses (mixed with some Reaper Blue-Black as well).

I am not sure which figure you mean, since I don't know which arms would qualify as new or old (sorry). :D

If you mean the arms that have the ribbed effect on them, there is at least one other guy in the squad with those types of arms.

It's the guy who has a big, red thing in front of him on the base. :P The sculpt quality is no problem, but the left hand grips the gun in a completely different way, which I don't find as appealing as the newer versions.

Axel

Archived