Tears of Two Angels (ToTA)

its my warhammer fanfic, so far its pretty good. ill post it up some time.

Tears of Two Angels

Ship time it was 3 o'clock in the morning, High Priest Arbulio stared at the twisting writhing colors of the warp, as he stood on the observation deck. He was deeply worried about the discovery of a new legion of chaos. He kept wondering why they had been dormant for the last 10,000 years since their brother Horus had shown nine legions a misguided path to self destruction. He wondered how many more corrupted geneseeds there were left to be collected before the Emperor could be woken to lead his loyal subjects to victory through out the galaxy again. As the priest worried he heard the lift cage approaching the observation deck, hearing the clank, he turned to see who it was. 'Brother Descartese.' Arbulio said greeting his commander and successor chapter master as a smile crossed his face. Descartese nodded in acknowledgment, and stood beside him. 'Priest, remember how monumental an undertaking this seemed to be when we were first founded?' Arbulio smiled as he remembered the early days of their crusade. 'Yes, yes I do...seemed nigh on impossible back then...' Descartese nodded 'That it did, and as we fight it seems an even more impossible of a dream.' The Priest nodded warily. 'So any new information on this lost legion? Which of these so-called gods have led them astray?' the commander shook his head 'So far all we know is their armour is an ancient model and they wear it in black. The Imperial defenses on the planet and its orbit are trying to keep them boxed in, so far the battle fleet has found no traces of war ships, so as far as we know they're stuck on the planet.' Descartese turned to leave, but stopped short of the lift on his way out. 'I want you to lead the spear-tip assualt...your company and two squads of support from any other two companies. Any ideas off the top of your head?' Arbulio smiled 'Sir, you do me a great honour, 2nd squad from 1st company, and 4th squad from 6th company are my choices.' Descartese nodded 'I'll get them ready for you, you get your men ready.' Arbulio made the warrior's salute and bowed. The commander returned the salute, and took the lift to attend what ever matters he had at hand.'

Arbulio turned and faced the view port again, his face suddenly contorted with shock as he stared into the warp.

Descartese stared at his left hand as the lift desceneded. He wondered how many brothers he would slay with the energized gauntlet down in his quarters. the lift brought him to command level 315. The commander stepped off of the lift and began to walk towards the bridge. There he met with the blind navigator Choon Mae. 'How long till we arrive?' The navigator was silent for a moment before answering. 'We'll arrive 9 o'clock ship time, it'll be...' the navigator paused for a moment to think. '...it'll be around 7 in the morning planet time.' Descartese nodded, and stood behind a servitor and the read the displays. 'Good I'll check in just before we translate back into real space.' Descartese left the Bridge to go to the barracks levels.

The screaming face of Sanguinius stared out of the warp at Arbulio, for a second he thought he was having a vision induced by the black rage, but it only lasted a moment. 'Was it just my imagination?' he quietly asked himself. The priest made his way towards the lift still thinking about what had just happened. Arbulio knew their beloved primarch was a potent psyker, and wondered if his awarness was some where in the warp watching over his sons. He decided he would speak to the commander, and the chapter's head chaplain, as well as Argastese. It was no wilder a belief by the standards of the rest of the Imperium, as any of their othr beliefs, in fact it is very plausible that a psyker as powerful as their primarch's conscienceness would be able to escape into the warp, before his body died. As the lift descended Arbulio had plenty of time to mull the idea over in his head. 'Could the the father of our great chapter really have come to me from the warp?' he asked himself aloud, to see if it sounded crazy. When Arbulio reached barracks level 113, he stepped into the corridor, to head to the company barracks. When he got there, he had squad leaders wake and ready their subordinates. Once the entire company was woken, the priest met with the squad leaders to brief them about the spear tip. 'Sir why doesnt the commander have 1st company lead the attack?' "Commander Descartese wants this strike done right and fast, with finesse, not a bunch of lumbering oafs in tactical dreadnought armour smashing their way through everything.' the assembled officers laugh at the stereo type. 'but we will have a squad from first company with us on the mission.' Arbulio knew that they were relieved to know that they had the support of the man-tanks that were the terminators. "Have your squads ready by 2100 hours, I'll address the spear tip at that time, then at 2200 we should be on our way planet side." the sargents nodded and went to inform their squads of the strict time table. Arbulio spent the rest of the time in the mess hall, or on the observation deck. Chaplain Kyril led a group of novices on to the deck, to explain to them some of what was known about the warp. "Be careful not to let your gaze wander upon the chaos of colors to long...oh, brother Arbulio, how are you?" the priest dropped his gaze from the large view port "Brother Kyril, I'm fine, just reflecting..." the chaplain smiled and nodded at his battle brother. "i was just telling the cherubs here not linger to long on the sights of the warp" Arbulio smiled "Do not worry brother, my mind is strong and Sanguinius watches over me." Kyril nodded "Of course priest" Arbulio bowed to the chaplain and his congregation before excusing himself.

1400 hrs

"Enter." Descartese sat looking at a dataslate about the recent history of the planet they were about to fall upon. An astartes with a confident and cocky arua strode in to the room. "What is it that you want Empirios?" Empirios the captain of the first company looked at his commander "I have heard that our honourable high priest seems...distracted from the task ahead of him." Descartese looked up from his dataslate and gave his first captain a questioning look. "What makes you say such a thing?" "I have heard from a very reliable source that he has seemed distracted and distant...and his demeanor seems very uncharacteristic." Descartese put his dataslate down, so he wouldn't crush it in his agitation. "Do you understand the opportunity that I am giving him?!" the first captain looked at his commander "Yes lord I do but-" Descartese cuts Empirios off before he can say any more "Then if you understand , you know that this battle will go down in history if it really is an unknown legion! He knows this, so you'll excuse him for behaving a little uncharacteristically!" Empirios gritted his teeth "So why break tradition? Why send the second, when the first is at full strength?" Descartese smiled to himself, "You don't to know, but seeing as how you asked, it's because you a jumped up little whelp, a glory seeker, that's all you care about , you are unflatteringly ambitious, you and your first company. The only reason i put up with you is because Lord Commander Dante placed you in this position just as he did me, now get out of my sight." Empiros was stunned, but he shook it off, saluted, bowed and left the chamber.

2100hrs

Arbulio looked out amongst his assembled company, "Brothers, our mighty commander has honoured us, he asks us to make first planet fall, so that we may redeem our lost brethren! We will slay them all, so may bring their tainted geneseed back and one day purified." the assembled warriors cheered, and the sargents began getting their squads loaded up into their drop ships and thunderhawks. Arublio stepped down from the ammo boxes he was using as a stage. "Hold on a second." came a voice over his com-link. Arbulio look around, and saw the battle ready librarian Argastese approaching. "May I join you on this day?" Arbulio smiled, "Of course brother, but after the battle i would like to speak with you in private, as soon as is convenient for you." The librarian smiled and nodded, "For allowing me to join you, any thing you may want." Argastes clapped the Priest on the shoulder pad, and th two boarded the transport. Inside, Argastes asked "Any chance you could tell me what it is you wish to discuss?" Arbulio looked at him, "Yes, I would like to speak to you about our esteemed Primarch." "Isn't that more of a chaplain's department?" Arbulio shook his head, not what I wish to discuss, what I wish to learn requires a librarian, the most knowledgeable open minded one I can find." Argastes chuckled to himself, "Brother, now you flatter me? You must really want this audienc." The thunderhawks vox suddenly opened up in Arbulio's helmet. "Priest Arbulio, this is Hawk 4, Captain Empiros has just boarded with his squad." Arbulio sighed "Let me speak with him." "Roger that" The voice on the other side of the link replied, then the first captain's voice came over the vox "You wished to speak with me?" "Yes I did, what are you doing?" "Acting on the Chapter Master's orders." Empiros replied. "Just remember, I'm in charge of this operation." "Understood..." and the vox link closed. As soon as the exchange was over, Arbulio put his helmet on and waited silently for the last of the thunderhawks to check in. As soon as the last one was ready, Arbulio gave the command to take off. "For the Emperor!, and Sanguinius! Redeem our brothers!" Arbulio exclaimed over the inter-ship vox-channel. After about 10 minutes the ship began a slight shudder, as it entered the upper most reaches of the atmosphere, thirty minutes after take off, the pilots began the 15 second count down. "Ready up boys, lock and load!" Around him Arbulio heard heard his squad rack the slides of their bolters. The landing struts hit the ground, Argastes was on his feet at the ramp, and was lowering it. Sons of Sanguinius! Bring them redemption!" He yelled as the squad rushed out around him. Arbulio charged out, and led his squad into a storm of bolter fire. A missile slammed into the ground ahead of them, "Spread out, and take cover!" At the order, the squad immediately dispersed and threw themselves into cover, as another missile flew by, and into the open hatch of the thunder hawk, blowing hatches and cockpit out, leaving the aircraft in a burning pyre as smaller secondary explosion ripped through it. Arbulio was up almost instantly, and shouting "For the glory of the Emperor! Up and at 'em!" The rest of the squad got up, and started moving forward, bolters firing. Arbulio fired his bolt pistol at the first of the enemy astartes he saw. The Chaos Marine wore black armour, and a slightly off white robe fluttered about his body, with the image of the eight pointed star on his torso. Arbulio's first round panged harmlessly off it's chest plate, his second exploded his shoulder guard, and the third tore out the enemy's throat. "Apothecary! Up front! Lock on to my signal." Arbulio switched channels and called for a transport to meet him and the apothecary. The medical marine arrived, and looked at Arbulio "Sir?" The priest pointed to the dead traitor "Transport is coming, get him back to the ship, get his seed out, try to identify the legion, and any and all abnormalities." The apothecary nodded, and began running forward. "Cover him!" The squad switched aim as one, and hammered anything in black armour and white robes. The apothecary dragged the body back behind cover with him and drew his bolt pistol, to add to the fusillade of fire. "Hold position till the 'Hawk gets here!" Arbulio saw the devastator squad moving up beside them. "Argastes, hold things down here! I'm going to go direct the fire of those Devs over there." Arbulio got up and ran out of cover, across the open ground into the crater where the devastator squad was prepping their weapons. "I need you to support our boys in the TDAs, the fire they're taking is slowing them down to much. Arbulio pointed with his powersword "That wall there, hit it with all you've got." The seargent nodded and waved a plasma cannon forward. "Bolters, open up after that wall is open." The seargent called to his squad, and two heavy bolters flanked the plasma cannon on the right side. "When ever you're ready seargent." The plasma cannon fired it's searing bright blue beam and the heavy bolters opened up immediately afterwards. Arbulio saw a corrupted marine run out from behind the far end of the wall, to escape the deadly fire raining down on his brethren. Arbulio lifted his bolt pistol, and fired at the black bulk running through the open. Three rounds hit the running figure in the legs, and a fourth punched a hole in his chest plate, and a fifth found a soft spot between the shoulder guard and the chest plate. Listening to the reports, Arbulio that his 3rd squad had engaged hand to hand and the terminator assault squad had passed the wall and were about to engage. "Seargent, I trust you can handle things here." The seargent nodded, and Arbulio ran off to find where Argastes had taken his squad. He saw the smoky trials of two missiles flying toward the enemy. He was glad to see the two scout squads working together. The world was suddenly spinning around Arbulio, as he fell. He was back on his feet right away, and back stepped in time for a chainsword to just graze his armour. Arbulio activated his powersword and thrust it towards the enemy marine. The bastard son of chaos pivoted his body to the left, avoiding the blade, and Arbulio compensated by putting his weight into a swing torwards the right, catching his enemy in the abdomen and firing his bolt pistol into his face at point blank range. Arbulio pulled his sword from his dead foe, and continued forward into the remains of a previously destroyed city. "Argastes report." Arbulio listened for a reply but none came. "Empiros, where are you?" There was a crackle of static, "I dunno, by a building? Just inside the outskirts of the city-" there was a crackle of static, followed by a grunt. "...I'm kind of busy right now." Arbulio sighed, and continued on towards the front. Bolter fire erupted to his left, he ducked behind a shattered wall until he was able to figure out where the shooting was coming from. After he realized the shooting wasn't aimed at him, he continued to move on. The sounds of battle were all around him, but it seemed that with every step he took, the fight retreated from him, he stood at a smoke filled intersection, when he heard the footsteps of something large coming, he began to be able to make out the shape, it was indistinct, but was shaped like an astartes in tactical dreadnaught armour, then four more foggy shapes came into view behind the first. For a moment Arbulio thought it was Empiros, but Arbulio's last contact with him he said they were moving west to support 4th squad.

hopefully the next update won't be so long from now...i'd really like to know what you think of the battle sequence so far.

any comments, criticisms, or questions?

chapter background. there is a spoiler for the fanfic while i was getting ideas for it, but please dont read it unless u just can't take the suspense

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=0#entry1503459

nice,

my thoughts of it,

keeping us in the dark with the legion thing is pretty cool.

The screaming face of Sanguinius stared out of the warp at Arbulio

<_< want to know how that ends...

awaiting more of this..

atin

nice,

my thoughts of it,

keeping us in the dark with the legion thing is pretty cool.

The screaming face of Sanguinius stared out of the warp at Arbulio

:P want to know how that ends...

awaiting more of this..

atin

thats going to be leading up to something that is totally crazy, but makes sense...(i am taking a great liberty with GW ideas, some will like it, some will hate it.)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i haven't read it, but it would make it a heck of alot easier if you just paragraphed this and made it easier to read?

I must reiterate this post...its very hard to read when its a big blob and you have to scroll down. paragraphs help break it up and make it easier on the eyes.

• 1 year later...

Archived