Imperial fists 1750pts of bad ass!

Astroth

I have ordered one Commander, one Command Squad, two boxes of Tactical Space Marines, 2 Rhinos, one Vindicator, one Whirlwind and one Land Raider. about two weeks ago and they still havent arived so on my lunch break at work i went over to the GW here in stockholm and got me a space marine battle force to get me started atleast.

There is a turney coming up in october and i felt that my green marines is no fun anymore and i really dont want to strip them.

so there is no other option, i must buy some new marines.

What i need help with is how do i paint the viechles yellow? i have seen alot of cool IF marines but when it is large flat areas i really dont want it to look smudgy..

I will post pics of my progress as the army builds itself and i want your opinions on how to make me a better painter etc.

peace!

Sorry for the spelling..

There is a trick to painting large areas, and this doesn't just apply to models, it applies to ALL painting..

Spread the paint evenly using long strokes, don't dab at it.

It will take several coats to make it look really good, and be sure to wter the paint a little, you want it nice and thin, I'd also recommend a light undercoat.

awaiting your pics... looking forward to it.

I have ordered one Commander, one Command Squad, two boxes of Tactical Space Marines, 2 Rhinos, one Vindicator, one Whirlwind and one Land Raider.

no Dreadnought??? ;)

cheers atin

I have ordered one Commander, one Command Squad, two boxes of Tactical Space Marines, 2 Rhinos, one Vindicator, one Whirlwind and one Land Raider. about two weeks ago and they still havent arived so on my lunch break at work i went over to the GW here in stockholm and got me a space marine battle force to get me started atleast.

There is a turney coming up in october and i felt that my green marines is no fun anymore and i really dont want to strip them.

so there is no other option, i must buy some new marines.

What i need help with is how do i paint the viechles yellow? i have seen alot of cool IF marines but when it is large flat areas i really dont want it to look smudgy..

I will post pics of my progress as the army builds itself and i want your opinions on how to make me a better painter etc.

peace!

Sorry for the spelling..

Yellow is kinda difficult on the large vehicle surfaces.

My best suggestion is, if you can still get it, get some yellow ink for over the white primer, make the ink about 50/50 water/ink diluted mix. Apply more than one coat if you have to for even coverage.

After that, just make sure you use very thin coats of your chosen yellow and long brush strokes on the surfaces. don't stop mid section because it will be much harder to blend and hide the brush marks. Build up the layers to the color consistency you want.

I'll post some of my 5th company IF motor pool when I get home to give some examples of how I did it.

nother idea...depending on ...1.if you want bright yellow IF...go with the white primer to ink, yellow and browns (thin the brown way down though), 2.if you want a glowing yellow do the white primer and follow it up with a orange ink or 3. if you want a ddark yellow start with a brown primer and build your yellows from there. the gw yellow foundation paint can very well be your friend depending on the humidity of your painting area

ok so i have finished the rhino (atleast building it) and the other bits are dryingof since i cleaned them, they were wery greasy. here are some pics as promised!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/jonny_ebe/DSC01549.jpg

the top of the rhino is not glued to place so i can paint the interior, and the doors are not glued so when it is destroyed i can make it look more dramatic.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/jonny_ebe/DSC01552.jpg

here the other await construction. will spray them on the sprew for better cover.

Hey, ot, you don´t happen to come to Umeå are you? I am myself working on my first tactical and one drednought.

5th company.

no since i live in stockholm it is a bit far to go to umeå for a turney. sorry.

Heh I remember that shiny feeling whenever I opened a new box of GW gear... I brought myself a whirlywind last week.... but im taking my time on this one... im going to use it as a tester for my modified paint scheme, I want to see what it looks like on tanks.

Here is the tank parts... hmm looks like one of those sneeky orksies got to my tank!!

gallery_36925_2476_308062.jpg

Magnets used to make the missile pod switchable (I think the magents are a little large, but they are what I had at hand at the time)

gallery_36925_2476_332436.jpg

The exterior paint scheme, still not finished but getting there

gallery_36925_2476_697274.jpg

And lastly the interior of the tank, watch the floor its a little muddy, geeze I with shose marines would wipe their boots before embarking

gallery_36925_2476_474457.jpg

nice interior. i will probebly not make to much of an effort painting the inside since i got to many models to finish. the dead line is in october. dont know the exact date tough. but what colors were used?

Interior was done as such:

Painted bleached bone, floor heavily washed with gryphonne sepia, walls done the same but with less of a wash and then highlighted with bleached bone/skull white (1/1 mix), then highlighted again with skull white.

The screens I cheated like crazy on.... they were left unpainted when I did the console, then I have them a thin coat of skull while leaving a lot of the plastic grey showing through in the middle, then I washed them in asurmen blue, thisof course shaded the grey different from the while giving that lovely effect, takes seconds to do.

Interior was done as such:

Painted bleached bone, floor heavily washed with gryphonne sepia, walls done the same but with less of a wash and then highlighted with bleached bone/skull white (1/1 mix), then highlighted again with skull white.

The screens I cheated like crazy on.... they were left unpainted when I did the console, then I have them a thin coat of skull while leaving a lot of the plastic grey showing through in the middle, then I washed them in asurmen blue, thisof course shaded the grey different from the while giving that lovely effect, takes seconds to do.

so you did not even prime it? looks awesome!

i was thinking of getting a dread but since it going to be gimped next ed ( according to the new rulebook. 130pts for a dread with assault cannon) i dont know if it will ever se a game under 2000pts.

But it is one of the cooler models in the space marine line up.

one mor hour and im on my way home. should be able to spray the marines i got so far today atleast.

so got the first layer of yellow on the rhino and on one marine. here are 2 pics of the rhino.

COVER YOURE EYES!! you have been warned..

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/jonny_ebe/DSC01556.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/jonny_ebe/DSC01555.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/jonny_ebe/DSC01554.jpg

Archived