More Scout stuff :P including Vet Serg

nurglespuss

Hi all :> Once again painting when I should be working :P Slightly annoying models these (having to paint them multi part), but a few corks and a bit of wire work wonders :P

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v275/128/96/633810322/n633810322_3643122_3240.jpghttp://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v275/128/96/633810322/n633810322_3643360_2911.jpg

Trying to keep them simple as they 'are only troops and I have to remeber that I want to use this army' :P

Please let me know if you think it works (sorry if lighting is a little funny, bad weather playing havoc with light in house) second pic is lesser resolution (diff camera) but better flash! Cheers

Update: Hi again!

Vet Sergeant inspired by that new Ultramarine Character, but also because I really wanted to emphasise the difference between 'Marine' and 'Scout', Simple conversion, but I think it works, what do you think? (Sorry not brill pic, better one when painted :>)

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v217/128/96/633810322/n633810322_3651050_9838.jpg

I must admit, despite looking good, I hate sniper scouts (see below) !!!

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v217/128/96/633810322/n633810322_3651051_3008.jpg

Loving the yellow again. i think you've got the skin tones spot on too

I'm not too sure on having the trousers being the same colour as the armour though, i think its a little too similar.

Are you keep the cloak and boots black? i think they look good the way they are

EEk! sorry thats the terrible lighting :P the cloth is bone-white, and the cloak is purple :P lol! I'll try and get a better colour pic!

But thanks, I was pleased with the face, and that yellow is getting really quick to paint now :P thanks! the model (minus assembly/waiting for wash to dry) only took about 2 hours.

lol! bone is always a good choice, will work well this this guy!

i can't complain about the photography my skills leave a lot to be desired! :P

will be nice to see your work with these scouts as i will be making mine shortly.

Lol a bright yellow scout...

"where is that sniper guys.... I dunno but there is a blinding yellow blob hiding in those trees over there"

Sorry I had to say it.. some chapters colour schemes really dont lend themselves to stealth.

I painted camo on my troops cloaks to try to make them look a little more sneeky like...

All in all I think this is a pretty good model... even if the enemy will see him 20 clicks away!!

Heres the cloak I did for my snipers

gallery_36925_2450_19984.jpg

And the whole squad

gallery_36925_2450_288407.jpg

Cool! and yes you noticed the subtle colour scheme :P ?

LOL yes, these 'scouts' actually arend for scouting, just sniping from my own lines, the second squad of scouts (aurora chapter) will have shotguns and be wearing cammo etc. :>

I love the cammo on your scouts cloaks, and may use a similar scheme :>

That ones really easy to do (I like easy schemes, theres less for me to screw up!! :))

Grey cloaks with wahs and shading as per...

The using graveyard earth, camo green and desert yellow I just splodged blobs (shaped like traditional camo), quick, clean and effective.

cool :> that sounds great, I can paint patterns, do decent free hand etc (sometimes :)) but have never been happy with camo I produce, it just never looks 'right'. Your scheme, and the colours work really well :>

I think grey and white, with a wash of purple over the top might look good for that camo scheme of mal's, or maybe going for something similar to the bleach bone trousers

simple ones are often the best

Thats why I went for grey, its easy to paint, and highlight and it looks great... I think bone may be a touch too light, but considering that they are canaries I dont expect that ill matter too much

Cheers man B) thats one of the bionic-less heads from the 'company masters' box set (I'm not a fan of the badly sculpted scout heads tbh!).

The whole squad now has them, and the serg one of the plastic commander heads (cause its a little bigger). Almost finished painting em :P but been made to take a break and work darn it!!

Archived