Adeptus Mechanicus Army?

Full-choke

I have been collecting and gaming my SM chapter exclusively since I started with 40K back in March. I have filled out a super nice army and I really enjoy playing the game. But, I am to the point that I really don't need anything else for my space marine army (sure there are a few little holes I would like to fill but I have almost 6000 points). Through my learning of the 40K Universe and things I have really taken a liking to the Adeptus Mechanicus cult. Is there any way that I could build an army around them?

The troubles I see is no Codex for rules and usage...so what could I do there? Would I have to sit down and mold and model one out of other Codex's or would I just use one and go with it. Secondly, what about HQ and troops. Yes, obviously tanks and things would not be a huge deal...there is enough out there on that issue. But there is not a lot of discussion about troops that go out with the Titan Legions and things. Obviously I don't have the money for a Titan but I still think it would be cool to have an army from the Cult Mechanicus. Any thoughts or help on this would be greatly appreciated.

F-C

Ad Mech armies show up all the time. Some people use Space Marine rules, some Chaos. Most I have seen start with Guard or combination Guard and Inquisition.

Personally....Id go Guard for an AdMech army base.

Personally, I felt the best way to do AdMech was with the Witch Hunters Codex.

Inquisitor Lord = Tech Priest with Retinue.

SoB = various forms of combat servitors and over-armored Skitarii

Arco-Flagellants = Electro-Priests

Assassins = various forms of exciting combat drones

Penitent Engine = Some form of combat robot

Exorcist = Exciting kinds of tank

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers - More Skitarii.

And so on. Ally in Space Marine or Guard units to taste.

Or use the Guard and ally in Witch Hunters, which is probably the best idea of all of them - use all the techiest doctrines and ally in the neatest equipment. No Exorcists, but that's the only real downside.

Then again, the SM codex is going to have some neat techmarine stuff in the new incarnation, so you could use them, as well.

There was at least one semi-official campaign that used the Guard codex with some added neat stuff. Can't remember what it was...one of the Dark Stars ones, perhaps? If you're only using it for Apocalypse or the like, I'd go with that.

And you REALLY should be asking this on the Adeptus Mechanicus subforum, where this is probably the #1 question. Since people there have actually done this, they can tell you a lot more about what works well, what doesn't, etc.

I wasn't really sure either if this was the right home :P but I figured it would get moved if it wasn't right...I'm still learning the site, didn't know there was an Ad Mech sub forum, lol! I apologize for being an idiot... :P

This question bugged me so much that I dropped my work and pursued the issue. Much to my surprise I have stumbled upon two things.

The first is a experimental codex from games workshop by the sounds of things...

GW Experimental Ad Mech Codex

And the second is a SM Tech Cult Special Rules List...

SM Tech Cult Rules

I haven't had time to read through either but I printed them off and will hopefully get a chance to read through them this week. I think there might be something between the two of them. The tech cult sounded like I might even be able to closely relate it to my SM army so that I might be able to use tanks, troops, etc and wouldn't have to start all over. I could specialize units that look like they would be armed and prepared exclusively for the Ad Mech. Any thoughts on these two might be good...a little round table discussion might take this thing somewhere.

F-C

Personally, I felt the best way to do AdMech was with the Witch Hunters Codex.

Inquisitor Lord = Tech Priest with Retinue.

SoB = various forms of combat servitors and over-armored Skitarii

Arco-Flagellants = Electro-Priests

Assassins = various forms of exciting combat drones

Penitent Engine = Some form of combat robot

Exorcist = Exciting kinds of tank

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers - More Skitarii.

I'd definately second this, it's probably the best way to build up a suitable force, especially if you want them to be quite shooty, as the inquisitor doesn't lend himself well to surviving in CC!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i am thinking of doing a AdMech army

but i have to a) get my EC and B) deicde whether to get AdMech/Warriors of Chaos/Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists

anyway

i was going to use one of these

IG codex but it is being changed soon that that might not work anymore

Mix of all the Imperial Codexi (is that right?) and take all of the things that suit and Admech army

or use the B+C one but that thread seems to have died so :ph34r:

but hey lets see what the new Guard codex holds and then we can make a decsion

Athiair ;)

Archived