Ad Mech Codex!

Full-choke

I don't know why but since I have started playing in March I have had a thing for the Ad Mech. To be honest it really disappointed me that there really wasn't an army or anything to base them on to really go after. Now I have googled the crap out of this idea for the last two days. I have found info on here, warseer, librarium, everything; but nothing ever comes of this.

Here are the two best things I have come across. The first is an actual free circulating experimental codex from GW themselves. The sad part is that it is almost 3 years old and who knows what they are doing with it if anything?!?!

Ad Mech Exp. Codex

The second is another thing that was started here so that you could add an Ad Mech Cult unit to your existing SM army. It looks kind of poor in my opinion, almost too hard to play them well. But I think it could be refined and added to pretty easily.

SM Tech Cult Unit

I suck with fluff, but I have looked at these two and really done some homework. Models would be easy to come by really, Tech Priests/Marines for HQ models. Kasrkin Squads would look amazing with a little mod and some paint for Praetorians. Steel Legion models would look pretty good for Skitarii IMHO. The servitor model is perfect for them, you might just have to mod them a little. Same with dreadnoughts for use as the robots that are in the experimental codex.

I think there is definitely something here, it might need refined, but it gives us a great place to start. It shouldn't become a cheese or fluffed up made to be a god army, but I think basing things off what I have found we might be able to field armies that are actually playable and competetive.

Any help on this project would be awesome as I don't have the smarts yet (only been playing for a few months now) but I know someone out there does.

F-C

I don't know why but since I have started playing in March I have had a thing for the Ad Mech.
Ah, yes, the journey of every young aspirant of the Omni-Messiah. Such hope, such drive, such disapointment. I too started back in march*, and I too thought that the Mechanicus was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I too wish there was a formally published list for them. Sadly, there isn't. The issue with non-official lists is the same with all home brew, it's home brew. It makes it really hard to take to pick up games and will never find its way into tournements. If you're organised you might arrange a 'campaign weekend' and implement your home swill there, but that's a lot of work and a heck of a gamble.

Personally, I cling to the faint hope that some day ForgeWorld will print a list in an upcomming Imperial Armour, and that will give me a document that is both formally bound and widely distributed enough that I have a hope of getting away with it in pick-up games.

Until then, I satisfy myself with serving the Omnimessiah amongst the stars.

*March of '94

Battlefleet Gothic is cool and all, but I don't play that. It isn't big amongst the gaming group that plays at the local hobby store and we all play fantasy or 40k. So that kind of shoots that down. I really think that there could be something to it, I just don't have the knowledge about all the fluff to actually do it. That's where I need the help, I would compile all the information, I just need the brains to tell me what needs put in it.

F-C

Archived