Knight Titans

Hi,

I've been building an Admech force for a few years now and have always fancied having a pop at building a knight paladin to offer some serious fire support to the army. My question is how would you guys go about incorporating it into your force ruleswise? I've using the WH dex at the minute but frankly I don't mind using different lists so long as I can get all of the elements included. My army so far has:

Skullz promotion set to represent Inquisitor + Retinue

6 Combat servitors to rep arco flagellants

10 SM with admech torso/shoulders as allied SM or SoB

20 converted cadians to rep stormtroopers

2 penitent engines

I'm working on a conversion for an ordinatus to represent an Exorcist to add some punch.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated as I really want to build a Knight!!! :)

well, i think the closest 'tournament legal' model to a knight would be a defiler.

seeing as how you play witch hunters, that becomes a sticky situation.

Absolutely!

I was thinking about using it as a tank, but then you don't get any of the close combat goodness I'm looking for! Does the Chaos list have traitor quard? If so that would probably work quite well, I could modify the penitents for dreadnoughts and use the defiler as a knight. I'd have to put some serious thought into my HQ though.

I am building one and considering using it as a counts-as Land Raider, as you can't have both inducted Guard and Marine units in the army using the WH codex (and I want to use some Iron Hands in it). So I was going to swap out the weapons for lascannon ones. If I ever make more, though, I'll probably count them as Defilers (as the only way I'd use more than 1 would be in Apocalpyse, when it'd be more ok to have Defiler-equivalents in the list).

A land raider? That's quite interesting, I'm not sure I would use a troop carrying tank though. I really wanted something that could do some damage in combat to represent the chainfist on a Paladin (though perhaps the ramming rules could cover this quite well) I might think about doing it so I can swap out the arms though and use it to represent a Knight Lancer.

Do you have any pics of the wip? I was wondering roughly what kind of scale to make them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
From what I've found in this wide scary place called the Internet... Is that Knights are loved by many, but there isn't much of an entry for them in any current lists. The people who do use them normally use Leman Russ rules to represent them. Outside that I suggest you try Apocalypse and use the BoLS rules for them.

• 2 months later...
I've just hit upon quite an interesting idea rules-wise about how to run a Knight Titan in a legit WH army, why not use the rules for Inquisitor Lord Karamazov? That way you get a monsterous sized machine with close combat ability and ranged firepower! What do you think?

I've just hit upon quite an interesting idea rules-wise about how to run a Knight Titan in a legit WH army, why not use the rules for Inquisitor Lord Karamazov? That way you get a monsterous sized machine with close combat ability and ranged firepower! What do you think?

Inq K. is a little bit weak compared to the battlecannon wielding armoured might of what a Knight should be.

Inq K. is a little bit weak compared to the battlecannon wielding armoured might of what a Knight should be.

True but outside of the confines of a defiler, I'm struggling to come up with a decent way to represent one!

Have you considered an Ironclad Dreadnaught? Replace the DCCW with plasma or something, and you get a scaled down knight that works rules wise. Don't have my codex with me, but I think it's even a legal "inducted ally" choice.

I have been thinking of using the Ironclad Dreadnought as well, to represent a knight titan. Hoewever, a Leman Russ might work as wel. In a traitor (C:CSM) army, a difler might work as well.

For converting the model, i will be using the Eldar Warwalkers. They seem to be about the right size (9 meters fluffwise), and by replacing the weapons and adding the armour, it gets quiet close at what i imagined of a knight.

Grt. Pim

Have you considered an Ironclad Dreadnaught? Replace the DCCW with plasma or something, and you get a scaled down knight that works rules wise. Don't have my codex with me, but I think it's even a legal "inducted ally" choice.

I'm not sure, I think any of the inducted troop options in a WH army have to be the bog standard type, i.e. AC + CCW. To be honest I was really trying to keep it all from one codex if possible, but the more I look at it the less likely it seems that I can manage it. The best option in WH seems to be a Land Raider.

Agreed,...but then you have a different varient of Knight. Dont get me wrong it will be a fine addition but have you considered the loss of the CCW on the Knight or does it not concern you?

Severus6