[ARTWORK] Legionnaire

kombat-unit

During doing more refined and "serious" work (my Slaanesh noise marine champion), decided to do a quickie of an Alpha Legion covert legionairre.

I'm pretty satisfied how this came out)

Enjoy)

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm17/kombat-unit/copy-7.jpg

This looks fantastic! How long did it take you to complete? I like the glow effects on the lightning claw especially, the head also looks great :P

around a hour and 10-15 mins) Thanks man)

That is insanely fast, well done mate! i can barely draw a decent looking stick man in that time :lol:

That is insanely fast, well done mate! i can barely draw a decent looking stick man in that time <_<

heh, there are people who can do an epic and textured drawing in half of that time... so that's quite slow how I do)

This looks fantastic! How long did it take you to complete? I like the glow effects on the lightning claw especially, the head also looks great :D

around a hour and 10-15 mins) Thanks man)

:D

Woa...

The outlines alone of something this complex would take me much longer. Any chance for a tutorial or something? What program did you use?

Oh, and it looks great!

That drawing is insanely great looking but what makes it look mind blowing is that you did it in that space of time ad put in so much detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did you draw and colour it so fast??? I assume you drew the line art using something like a tablet then coloured it in some paint program like PhotoShop? Nice one! :D

:eek That is insanely good, it looks fantastic, I love the lighting effects and the weathering on the armour and you've captured the badge perfectly. It's one my favourite pictures I've seen. ;)

(Words cannot describe my jealousy :P )

The whole right arm is waaay to thin!

Compared to his head and to the fact that marines are least to say, over muscled I cant imagine how even a humanly muscled arm could fit into the armour.

Though I agree on that, I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it. Still a very great drawing! Especially the colours that you've chosen. Nice work!

Just watched you vid on YouTube and dude, you have a talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You been doing that for a long time by the looks of it?!?!?!?! Now i am even more impressed! You got plans to do any thing else? You should seriously consider (if you haven't already) contact GW and get some of your stuff published in White Dwarf or something like that?

Just watched you vid on YouTube and dude, you have a talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You been doing that for a long time by the looks of it?!?!?!?! Now i am even more impressed! You got plans to do any thing else? You should seriously consider (if you haven't already) contact GW and get some of your stuff published in White Dwarf or something like that?

Thank you. Yes, I've been doing digital art for 2 years roughly) And I don't consider contacting GW since there are a lot of talented, more talented than me painters from England and other countries were GW is based, working and hoping to work there, so I don't think that I have any perspectives of being hired by them) I'm a realist)

torN

Love it, amazing!!!!! What prog you using?

Corel Painter X.

-Morkar-

Really nice art work. I love the light claw and the skulls in the backpack.

Thanks, the claw's my fav here too))

Pyriel

The whole right arm is waaay to thin!

Compared to his head and to the fact that marines are least to say, over muscled I cant imagine how even a humanly muscled arm could fit into the armour.

Don't forget about the perspective warp here. And try to build up a human figure inside of the armor. It's pretty accurate.

• 3 months later...

That very dark, angry german music really adds to the video!

But seriously I agree with the guy that said to contact gw. The art work they do in the codexes and rulebook probably take them forever, so I would love to see what you could do if you put your mind on a single project for a couple of weeks.

Archived