motarion wip

jdmchaos

hello guys,this is my second post.ive been working on a mortarion,and i felt like i should start sharingm work so here he ishttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86/jdmchaos/motarion-wip.jpg

he is far from done but i will be leaving more photos.thanks joe

What is your secret to sculpting??? (besides patience and hard work!) Do you use special tools or is there a special knack to it? Would love to be able to sculpt half as good as that!!! I have attempted sculpting with GS but it looks like a 4 year old is trying to make something out of green plastercine!!! BTW still looks absolutely class!!! Like the way its going, shall be tracking this thread with keen interest

thanks for the comments guys love to here good and bad.he is preherey,and you are right metal finger he is a tad round for some reason i felt like

he looked a little robotic so the round legs kind offelt that way to me ike they were cylinder shaped.dorn padawan,when you sculpt you nee all kinds of

tools,i have ones i use for special things.the best thing to do is not be afraid to try different things.the best tool i ever bought was a clay shapper.

well anyhow i work third shift all weekend but when i get free time i will work on him and post photo,s.again thanks for comments guys.joe

ok guys here is some more photos.i did the backpack pipes and arms,i allso added the weapons.please i need feedback on a few things.(1)do you guys think the arms are ok or should i change them.(2)do the weapons look ok.(3)should his cloak look ragged or clean(4)what does he have on his shoulder guards.i am allmost finished with them but cant tell whats on them from photos.http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86/jdmchaos/11wip-1-mort.jpg

I wouldn't have the cloak ragged, Primarchs are meant to be demi-gods so i personally would have the cloak crisp and clean and make the armour real ornate. Have some big badass shoulder pads and have him looking like he IS the father/leader of a mighty Astartes legion! Just my 2 bobs worth

PS - have you made those arms purely out of GS or is it GS ontop of plastic arms?

PPS - congrats again on excellent smoothness and workmanship with the GS!!! :wink:

I wouldn't make his armour ornate, the death guard don't care about appearance, just functionality. Personally I would tear the cloak up and make it really big to give him more of a grim reaper feel. As for the weapons, I'm not too keen on him having a gun, just seems out of character for a primarch.

My two cents.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86/jdmchaos/11111mort.jpg

well here he is allmost done.i still have to add the censors and a few more details.not sure if ill add fur to cap yet.but i added base with ice detail

to make it look like home planet.

clean cloak looks good. I think if you can you should replace his head with the sm commanders head with the rebreather and add some guitar wire to connect it back up with the exaust pipes which i think you should replace with vehicle smoke stacks, maybe some bigger shoulder pads to. Other wise it looks awsome!

Archived