From Bitz to Battle

Khaardun

Hi,

Its been awhile since I last posted here on the Bolter and Chainsword, so do excuse me if I do mess up a few times :lol:, any ways, recently I have had my bedroom renovated/redecorated and after putting all my belongings back, I have now got myself a dedicated painting table so I can work on my models. I wanted to make a new army out of it so I was about to head off to the local GW to make a start before my parents stopped me and told me not to buy anymore models because I have a box full of bitz and they want me to work on what I got first off before adding anymore. Much to my frustration on that I decided to just go there and grab a book and the odd paint or two (As I have been told by my parents <_<). But any ways while talking to freinds, playing Soul Calibur 4 and Halo 3. A chaos spawned light bulb came into play and I realised I have enough bitz to make an army myself.

6 odd years of collecting failed projects and sending them to bitz box hell made me wonder if I could salvage these armies and make them into a might chaos legion (apocalypse scale of course). I started collecting everything together and brought up a list of what I have (unfortunatly due to my camera dying and being put on charge at the time, I have no pics to offer):

2 Iron warrior box sets

2 night lords box sets

2 Thousand sons sets

6 Chaos Marine sets

Chaos Daemon Prince

Ahriman

Typhus

3 Chaos terminator sets

2 Possessed sets

Chaos lord set

Huron Black heart

4 Chaos rhinos

2 Preadators

3 Vindicators

2 Space Marine devastator sets

4 Khorne berzerker sets

2 Forge world World eater sets

2 forge world chainaxes

Night lords hero

6 Boxes of Khorne Bloodletters

2 Boxes of Daemonettes

4 Bloodthirsters

3 Obliterators

A pack of 40 Raptor backpacks

Abaddon

And various other bitz from things such as the lord of the rings and warhammer fantasy thats too numerous to mention.

With this, I looked at the chaos marine codex, and decided to throw it out the window (not really :P) and decided to go with what I felt. Of course I will still be following the codex but in terms of army composition I will not be following it, rather going for the apocalypse style of army building (And my hobby groups motto 'Bring EVERYTHING to the field, kill EVERYTHING on the field'), modeling wise I am going for the cut and paste style of modeling, As I feel that it others better style and dynamic over greenstuff, my main focus is building and army and painting it over making nice conversions. I am also going to paint the army in the colours of the black legion, as its the easiest and quickest chaos colour to getting my army together :P.

Any ways I guess thats really about it, now if you excuse me I got ALOT of work to do.

<_< that will be a awesome project..

love to see how you are going to handle that...

and what kind of theme your are planning to use..

cause of all the differend parts/bitz.

looking forward to see more..

cheer atin

<_< that will be a awesome project..

love to see how you are going to handle that...

and what kind of theme your are planning to use..

cause of all the differend parts/bitz.

looking forward to see more..

cheer atin

I am just gonna follow the Cut and Paste style of modeling

damn man.... what did you do? raid GW or something?!?

Like I said, this is over 6 years of failed projects, also I have a High paying job and living with my parents I have no worries for tax or bills or anything, so alot of it goes into GW's pockets

How the hell can you have 4 bloodthirsters in your bitz box? :lol:

Again, it was due to a project that failed I tend to put all failed projects into my bitz box and tend to forget about them.

my bitz box looks like this too!!!

it's actually more like a bitz room...

i have enough bitz to make an apocalypse army for orks, chaos, and marines...

then there are the rest of the minis layin' around...

my problem is that i am always paintin' someone else's minis, so i never get to work on my own, but all the new releases are too cool to pass up, especially when i always get a nice discount...

one day i will actually get around to paintin' a whole army...

then i'll have to find someone with more money than sense, since i don't play any games(i chase waves around the world instead)...

good luck with the project...

i find chaos to be one of the most fun to model and convert...

cheers

jah

Sounds like a great fun project!

Like I said, this is over 6 years of failed projects, also I have a High paying job and living with my parents I have no worries for tax or bills or anything, so alot of it goes into GW's pockets

Will you marry me??? :D

Archived