Not quite Truescale

frootbat

For the most part I am happy with the scaling of marines (if you straigten them up a bit and take them out of the 'taking a crap' pose they are actually quite tall.) and I think the terminators are absolutely fine.

However.... I do not really like the barrel chests and then tiny little waists and thighs they have. I am really just looking for some suggestions on how I could make those parts of the armour a little more 'beleivable' and that A) wont cost lots of money :confused: wont require more than a moderate level of moddeling skill and C) will be easy to implement over an entire space marine army.

Cheers.

Green stuff! Green stuff will do it all my friend.

All you have to do is wrap the thigh in a thin layer of green stuff and it should bulk it up a bit. To upsize the waist wrap a thin band of green stuff around the existing belt. The only sculpting required here is smoothing out and straightening the edges. It may take a little practice to get it to look perfect but it is the easiest and cheapest answer to your request.

I think a combination of the two will probably work best... plus lots of cutting and pinning marine legs.

Gah but I have to wait till next month before I can buy a box of marines, and then I shall post the results.

Cheers for the help.

Archived