models to represent ogryns

kaif

I'm putting togeather an AM force using the IG codex. I'd like to include ogryns in the army but I'm stuck as to what models to use. I don't like the ogryn models at all so I'm looking for something of a similar size to use instead.

The best I've found so far is the old style dreadnoughts but these are expensive and hard to find.

any ideas welcome. cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh boy, I've been waiting for something like this. Basically I love all miniatures that are power-armored, bionic, robotic or all of three!

Here are some good idea's for you, BTW I don't remember if we can suggest non-GW models on this forum.

Guess i'll find out soon enough...

1) Pig Iron WARDROID (scroll down)

2) Starship Troopers - Grizzly Exo-Suit & Cougar Exo-Suit. Cougar and Grizzly, all credit to Weetoysoldiers.com

SST is really hard to find but if you do find some it should be 20-30% off, the metals are the only thing worth getting.

3) Urban Mammoth. Great source of big mechanical constructs.

There is the:

Viridian Sabre

Tomahawk

Vasa Executioner

Triad Dragon Blade

The Syntha, Junkers & Gladiators also have large cybornetic models, like the Junker, Titus IV - Necro.

The Titus IV Scorpio looks almost like a Pre-Heresy Dreadnought!

4) The last option I can remember is Warmachine.

The Cygnar and Khador Warjacks are what you might be interested in, Khador looks very archaic.

All are good examples, personally I like the Mongoos SST stuff and the War Machine Warjacks.

But I don't own any of them yet.. too many projects going on.

This page will give you size comparisons of almost everything I just listed.

• 1 month later...

Archived