Knights Vermilion Chapter Master

Brothers, i'd like some opinions on my new Chapter Master, for yet another chapter I've come up with, the Knights Vermilion, let me know what you think of him, and whether you think he looks best with a helmet or bare headed....

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/WiP/DSCF0811.jpg

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/WiP/DSCF0812.jpg

LOL... very true, i was veering towards the helmet, but i just think the frown looks quite cool... the colour scheme is red gore/scab red (still playing with these, but deep red anyway) with white shoulder pad insets, chapter symbol is still undecided though.

The confident pose and relative calm with which he is posed would benefit greatly from the bare head, in my opinion ;)

cheers patrick o))), i think i'll paint up both and see what happens

Nice idea Patrick O))), was gonna paint up both, but didn't think of the wee peg thing, cheers.

The legs are from the devastator box set, the chest plate is the company champion, the sword and shield are from the assault squad sprue, the bare head is from the terminators sprue and the helmeted head is the sergeant head from the tactical squad sprue, whew... that kinda taxed my memory.

I'd personally go for the head and have the helmet on the belt of the chapter master, but the interchangable head sounds like a good idea. What kind of backpack will he have?

Cambrius

PS: If you want a symbol made let me know. I might be able to make it for you. :)

thanks for the correction lord bunny, didn't know they were in the command box set too... saying that, i probably should have cause that's where the kneeling legs are as well isn't it?

I was gonna put a regular back pack on him brother cambrius, purely cause i'm not too keen on the eagle headed back pack that the commander comes with, but im open to suggestions. I'm not sure what their logo is going to be yet, but was thinking it'd have to be based on something from the marines transfer sheet cause i'm not that good at free hand work, but if you could knock one up for me i'd be grateful. The Knights Vermilion are descended from the Imperial Fists, so i guess some Fist's iconagraphy could be involved, any suggestions?

really cool looking, but for a chapter master, i think there needs to be something to make him stand out a bit more, i figured u were going to paint something on the shield, but since u said ur no good at free hand, then some sort of decoration on the backpack will help much more. right now he looks like he could just be a vet sarge or something. he definately looks good tho

really cool looking, but for a chapter master, i think there needs to be something to make him stand out a bit more, i figured u were going to paint something on the shield, but since u said ur no good at free hand, then some sort of decoration on the backpack will help much more. right now he looks like he could just be a vet sarge or something. he definately looks good tho

i was thinking of combining a couple of transfers on the shield probably a wreathed skull motif, although the back pack idea sounds cool, i'm not so keen on it purely because i don't like marines to look too flashy if you know what i mean.

I like the simple design. There are a ton of over the top chapter master models out there. This looks like a chapter master that could REALLY be a marine's brother.

cheers Medwayman, that was the look i was going for! :-)

I really like this guy. Nice spartan design. Don't see that in a lot of Chapter Masters. Very much like Pedro Cantor.Though, I can't help the feeling he needs a little more. Like a fancy shoulder pad, purity seals, a scroll maybe, a laureled helm? Either way, I think he looks good.

I really like this guy. Nice spartan design. Don't see that in a lot of Chapter Masters. Very much like Pedro Cantor.Though, I can't help the feeling he needs a little more. Like a fancy shoulder pad, purity seals, a scroll maybe, a laureled helm? Either way, I think he looks good.

I'm not sure, i wanted to keep him quite plain, but i guess a few purity seals wouldn't hurt.... saying that, i guess i could play with some transfers and give him a nice detailed shoulder guard.

yup your correct :D uh I asn't correcting you, that'd be weird seeing as you got it right ;)! just wanted to add to the information...

that's cool, cheers.

Archived