converting leg positions

nurglephill

hi all,

im working on a death gaurd army (the WIP is posted in here someplace) and its going ok i think. there is one thing i am really having trouble with.

how do you reposition plastic CSM legs?

everytime i try i end up with a marine that had polio as a kid. im obviously doing something vey wrong as i look at all the cool stuff going on in here with guys having one foot up on a stone looking into the distance etc (like one of those classic male model poses :lol: ) but i just cant get it.

so please, any tips etc would be gratefully recieved thanks

phill

Try using the running legs from the Khorne Berzerker sprues, the fact that they come in two pieces makes them easier to convert, IMO. Just change the angle that the legs join and you're there. I'll see about getting pics up later to show the ones that I've done to help you out.

Oh this is the simplest thing ever, and the most effective conversion to create a unique model.

It really is as simple as:

1- Take a pair of legs. Cut the legs at the hip and the knee (giving you an upper and a lower leg, and a hip depending on which leg you cut off).

2- Drill a small hole into the middle of the lower leg, through the middle of the upper leg, and into the middle of the hip (and through it and repeat on the other side if you're doing two legs).

3- Put a single length of wire through the holes, match up the hip, upper, and lower leg. Reposition into a running pose, and glue them together.

4- Fill the gaps with green stuff, and smooth it down so the level sits just below the outside of the leg. Take your hobby knife and carefully cut small 'ribs' into the green stuff.

5- Sit back and enjoy your reposed pair of legs!

I managed to get a few pics of what I've done with leg re-poses lately.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x254/Skyzerker/Champions.jpg

These two use one set of the running legs from the Berzerker box. The one on the right had the attachment point where his right knee meets his thigh trimmed a bit and the leg mounted so that he's in a standing position. Still needs alittle bit of GS to fill in the back of the knee. The left one uses the same set of legs, but the right leg was cut completely off at the hip. I reglued the leg posed a bit further up to get the "standing with one foot on something" pose.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x254/Skyzerker/TeethofKhorne.jpg

These guys use the other set of running legs from the same Berzerker box, both done the same way. Cut the left leg at the hip, reglue into the step position, and done. Fairly easy, IMO. Hope these help!

Archived