[Artwork] Random helmet doodles

madscuzzy

Those are nice, I especially like the far right-middle row helmet. Looks like a form of 'Iron Armor'.

Can anyone say: IT'S BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!!!! lolz.

Nice helmet designs, especially the Fett-helm.

Looks a bit like a old style cylon to me.

I love the middle helmet on the middle row.

IDK, I just love the layer effect, looks awesome and knight-like to me!

I'd use it for a model. xD (I could convert something like that if I could use GS.)

I think this stuff is sub par for your stuff Scuz, even if they are just sketches. Some of the helmets seriously look like fledgling artists first attempts at perspective drawings of helmets, which is something I don't expect from someone of your skills. Sure, these are quick sketches, but they seem to lack the scuz touch, what's up? I might add that to me, the helmet designs look very plain, hardly any variation from what you get on chaos warriors/chaos marines, minus horns.

Cheers

Heh... feels kinda weird to hear that comment chrono. Not sure if I should feel complimented or insulted... *grin* I did not post this to show the quality of my work, but some stuff I doodled on the bus. Just some ideas I had. I have been noting how subtle marine helmet designs are along the marks... and variants of them. Been working on the model helmets along these lines recently, so was just going with the flow. :tu:

Middle helmet top row and middle helmet middle row are the same, but with the visor down. I see what you did thar!

I like that helmet though. And the other two on the first row. Mostly because I have those two already made from cut-down beakie helmets.

Well being a star wars fan and trying to make a clone trooper style army and I have to say that middle row far right and bottom row middle! if anyone can give an absoulte sculpting boob a method of how to get my helms to look like this I will send some good stuff from the uk? How's that sound?

Id imagine to do those would be more like cyclops style, or like the visor the scouts have... If I were to do it, Id use plastic-strips or hard putty that I could file down after sculpting to keep an even upper and lower edge.

Id imagine to do those would be more like cyclops style, or like the visor the scouts have... If I were to do it, Id use plastic-strips or hard putty that I could file down after sculpting to keep an even upper and lower edge.

The middle top and middle are very much visor inspired yes. Prollie the macross helmet designs that got ingrained when young.

You forgot the Mallard-Class.. You know, with the duck bill :)

I turned an old mark 7 into a grey knight-esque affair, for one of my Predator style veterans. Given that he's one of the first 8 marines I ever had, I figured I'd do him up right. I'm truescaling him a bit also. I'll post a picture once he's ready :P

Archived