Chaos Dreadnaughts

Magnus Thane

I reciently tried bringing a dread back into my assaulty list b/c I think a dread(s) imorove the overall look of an army. I tried keeping the dread close to my LR so if the dread went shooty crazy it's PC would shoot the LR and can't hrt it. Eventually I rolled a fire frenzy, the LR had to move away b/c I was being assaulted on a flank, the PC killed 3 of my guys. But worse the that, for the next 3 turns I rolled a 1 or a 6 for the dread, basicly making him worse then useless for the rest of the game. I doubt my dread will come outta the box again until we get a new dex. A shame, my dread is converted and a kool model.

I am taking one armed with dual CCW, I know they are unreliable, but I like the model and I converted a Black Reach dread the other day and I like it. Some people like to play with models they actually like the look of, screw the rules.

I reciently tried bringing a dread back into my assaulty list b/c I think a dread(s) imorove the overall look of an army. I tried keeping the dread close to my LR so if the dread went shooty crazy it's PC would shoot the LR and can't hrt it. Eventually I rolled a fire frenzy, the LR had to move away b/c I was being assaulted on a flank, the PC killed 3 of my guys. But worse the that, for the next 3 turns I rolled a 1 or a 6 for the dread, basicly making him worse then useless for the rest of the game. I doubt my dread will come outta the box again until we get a new dex. A shame, my dread is converted and a kool model.

LOL i feel your pain. The first time i used the new codex, my dread went shooty crazy and double tapped my chaos lord on his bike in the back of the noggin with some twin linked autocannon love. All four shots hit of course, and all four shots wounded....I turned around and failed two of my saves, what made this worse is i assaulted the next turn with the lord and he whoomped himself with the daemon weapon and killed himself <_<

That kinda left a bad taste in my mouth so i dont use either a daemon weapon nor a dreadnaught unless i do it more as a joke, have some retarded fun type list.

Archived