Khorne, with a bit of a twist.

Xyyz

So after an aborted attempt to start a chaos renegades force a few months back, I have returned to the world of power amour and large calibre automatic grenade launchers. I've always wanted to try a Khorne force, so I threw myself into worship of the mighty Blood God and bought a box of berserkers, some bloodletters a new termie lord and the Forge world Khorne Terminator conversion kit thingy.

...However just as I was about to break open various shades of crimson and get to work I had an idea, a little challenge to set myself for this army.

Make a chaos force that is devoted to Khorne, but use as little red as possible in it's creation.

I briefly thought about using the pre-heresy blue and white World Eaters scheme, but I enjoy making up my own background fluff for my armies and I wasn't too keen on tying myself to a founding legion. Thus I came up with 'The Brass Knights of Khorne'.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9347/brassknightsgv2.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9347/brassknightsgv2.3813757806.jpg

(Note 'Ash' on the far left <_< )

The picture quality ain't great, but you should get the basic idea. The scheme is based on Dwarf Bronze with a Boltgun Metal (With a little black to take the shine off) trim.

Although the picture really doesn't show it that well (I should be able to take some better snaps tomorrow when I have some natural light), I'm really happy with how these turned out. It's a bit steampunk-ish, with the slightly corroded look I got with a liberal application of brown ink and the contrast with the bright green eyes and plasma pistol chambers.

One thing I'm having a problem with is what to do with the power weapon on the Skull Champion (I gave a normal berserker the huge power-axe from the terminator lord sprue and a few other bits to make him more distinctive.) I don't like leaving the blade the same as all the other weapons in the unit but the wash of green ink over mithril silver I tried just looks blotchy and horrible... Some suggestions for alternatives would be awesome.

I just thought of something. A Band of Khorne think they are the true followers of Khorne, and believe the only way to prove they are the true is the amount of bloodshed they spill and trophies they have.

So what im getting at, they have black armor and then just splatter alot of blood onto them.

I figure it will take advance painting skills to do this.

but the main points of this is

- Black Armor

- Alot of blood and flesh splattered onto [ something like the nurgle proccess but gore ]

- alot of trophies

- alteast a red paint khorne symbol

even thought about blood drizzilin down the grill part of their helmets.....

just caught up in the warps of a brainstorm

I just thought of something. A Band of Khorne think they are the true followers of Khorne, and believe the only way to prove they are the true is the amount of bloodshed they spill and trophies they have.

So what im getting at, they have black armor and then just splatter alot of blood onto them.

I figure it will take advance painting skills to do this.

but the main points of this is

- Black Armor

- Alot of blood and flesh splattered onto [ something like the nurgle proccess but gore ]

- alot of trophies

- alteast a red paint khorne symbol

even thought about blood drizzilin down the grill part of their helmets.....

just caught up in the warps of a brainstorm

Actually, I considered a similar idea while I was deciding what to do with these guys, although in my version I would have had them paint their armour pure white so the gore would be more obvious... Although I chucked that idea out after my test marine kept turning pink.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9392/brassknight2tn2.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9392/brassknight2tn2.0bc1b13bb7.jpg

A slightly better picture of my 'John Woo' berserker.

I've been trying to give the power weapon on the champion a green glowing look, but I can't seem to get a decent metallic-looking green...

Archived