Slaaneshi Demon Prince

Rindaris

So I was quite unhappy with my previous demon prince conversion and I've read several people mention the story in the Chaos Demon codex about a demon of slaanesh taking over an empty Avatar. I fell in love with the idea and decided that such a demon prince would be truly worthy of the Crimson King.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jeskasl/SANY0559.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jeskasl/SANY0560.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jeskasl/SANY0561.jpg

So I managed to get an avatar and some wings cheap out of a bits bin at GenCon and this is what I have so far. I plan to use some greenstuff (it will be my first time using it in fact) to fill in the gap between the wings and add some more muscle under it to connect the wings to the back. However I still feel it looks to pure... needs something more to 'chaos' it up. But I still want it to look regal at the same time,

I had to do quite a bit of work just to cleanse the avatar when I got it home. And unfortunately some of the excess glue the previous owner used is still quite evident on the model and I've been unable to remove it. But I figure I can use those spots as areas to add more of a chaos influence once I get the right idea of what to do with it.

So any C&C is quite welcome. I definitely want this to be a fine centerpiece for my CSM army.

well, not to ruin your project, but i dunno if you can remove the wings and the base. if you can, boil the miniature briefly. i did it with a heavily overglued mini i had purchased from a friend who wasnt quite the best at the hobby.

if not, than my tip is useless lol. anyways. perhaps if you have a sort of blown off appendage or ruptered part of the avatar thats been replaced by slaaneshi parts (crab claw dealy, some breasts bursting from one side of the chest) or maybe a more ruptured looking join where the wings wouldve burst out might help with the possession of an empty husk idea.

The story is on page 26 of codex daemons. The Daemon's name is Ail'Slath'Sleresh or Heartslayer. The Daemon cut off the avatars hand, I asume it was the left hand. It would be cool if you put a Slaanesh greater daemon claw in replacement of the left hand, and maybe have some possessed eldar for some daemonettes.

I second changing the left hand; but also think of a more slaaneshi weapon or similar, more chaotic of course. Maybe a nice slaanesh icon. Take a look at the new daemonettes.

Daemonettes

Take a look at the one on the bottom right. The hair up in the air could be possible inspiration, especially if you are any good at sculpting.

I do like it though! I love seeing GOOD Daemon Princes, especially conversions, i can't wait to see more.

Thanks all for the comments.

Never done any scuplting, and don't think I'm gonna start today.

But replacing the free hand with a demonic hand should be doable, just need to find a suitable replacement.

And I could probably remove the base and wings, but would need to check with the girlfriend to see if we have a pot she doesn't mind risking damage to acheive the desired result.

I already have some deamonettes I have yet to use... though the idea of possessed eldar is quite tempting.

Oh, and there is a Slaaneshi icon on the base, might be hard to see at the angles I took the pictures of though. And I was tempted to try and freehand one on his tabard.

Yes free hand would be nice. And i second the idea that the wings would burst from the armor, and take that a step further and kind of make all demon parts pink/white/purple, with the armor a different color, so it truly looks possessed you know?

I'm far to impatient for a process that'll take a week. But on that note the wings and base did come off freely enough and I tried the boil method. Briefly... no... but after several hours and slowly chipping away most of the glue is gone. His mouth and other eye are quite visible as are most of the lost details. There is some still on one side of his leg, but I can easily put a chain with a skull or something there. I think they used something else on that spot. So thanks for that idea!

youre welcome, im glad the idea helped out. though im wondering what kind of glue the former owner used if it took that long to boil loose.

i cant wait to see how this project turns out. i like everyone elses ideas.

Does anyone have any ideas where I might be able to get a fitting claw for the left hand? Been checking Ebay, Bits & Kits, Bitz Box and some other sites and havn't found anything.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jeskasl/SANY0591.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jeskasl/SANY0592.jpg

My first attempt with using Green Stuff. Not fantastic work by any means, but it gets the job done. I've been able to remove a bit more of the old paint and glue as well. Not much left on the model.

Still trying to figure out what I should do about the middle part on his head. I don't want the hair but I want something there. And I think the claw from the spawn sprue would work nicely on his other hand, but I need to get one to size it up first (hence why the other arm is no longer attached).

Archived